Sarah Snook on ‘incredible ride’ of ‘Succession,’ expecting 1st baby

Sarah Snook on ‘incredible ride’ of ‘Succession,’ expecting 1st baby



There's that music. Welcome back. It's been more than a year. I know the days, but I won't bore you with the actual day count. Since fans heard that theme song Sunday nights, the wait is almost over now for, unfortunately, the final season of Successional. I feel like it's been 424 days. That's exactly the number.

It's been 424 days, but who's counting? We've got one of the stars right here, Sarah Snook. She plays Shiv Roy. Before we catch up, we've got a little preview of the new season. Let's roll it. Okay, so you are talking. Hello. I returned a call.

They want to, you know, talk about talking. Oh, they want to talk about talking. What? Come on. They haven't won the election, and they might not, and dad might not sell, and you two might bail, and it's a maybe, maybe, maybe situation. Sorry, I remember it. I mean, it's all coming back to me. It's all coming back.

First of all, though, let's not bury the lead. Yeah. Sarah, you're pregnant. Congratulations. Yeah. What do you do? I did, babe. Okay, and I heard you're keeping the gender a surprise.

Yes. That's hard to do. I did it myself. It's hard to not find out. It is. It is, but it's, you know, it's also easy. Like, you just sort of like, block it out, you know? Like, you just don't think about it too much.

Do you talk in your sleep by any chance? My wife told me the gender of our oldest child while she was sleep talking. No. She knew? She knew I didn't. I left all the doctor's appointments when that time came, and then third trimester one night she got chatted. She let it loose. Oh, my gosh. Yes.

So your husband might want to sleep somewhere else. But you don't know. No, I don't know. That's quite a feat to find out and then also not tell you. Yes. Obviously it was difficult because you told you were asleep. Well, talking about keeping secrets, the final season of succession.

Yeah. Okay, first of all, I know, like, this is where we're going to, like, try to get the details out of you, but first of all, I was surprised that the cast didn't even know this was the last season. No, it was intimated throughout the season as we were shooting that, like, it could be the last. No, and then we found out during the read-through of episode 10 that, yeah, it would be last. So what did you think? The long-awaited shows are coming to an end so soon. I know why and it. I mean, it's a pretty bold decision to go out on a high.

Like, I don't know any other show that's really done that. It's going like, oh, we're really successful. Everyone loves the show. We love doing it. That's gotta be it. Well, Ted and Michelle Cass was just here and they're doing it. Same thing.

They are? Yes, I know. I guess it's the new thing. Yeah. Great while you're ahead. Yeah. I mean, it's. Preserve.

Did you ever imagine that this show would take off like it did? No, not at all. No, it's been an incredible ride. And it's strange that there's only four seasons because I feel like I've been doing it. We have been doing it since 2016. So, yeah, it's almost seven years, but only four seasons of that. Just in case people. I mean, you're Australian.

I mean, I actually did not know that. No, I'm not. I was born in Australia. I don't get to count my. Is it the same thing? I wish I did. Yes, we're sisters. We're similar to Aussies.

I know. But I mean, it's incredible how you pulled off the American accent so well that, I mean, honestly, I think most people watching don't even know. Yeah, I mean, surprise. I'm Australian. Yeah, it. Sometimes it takes a little bit to get into, and I know that Matthew and I have certain days where. Because he's British, surprise.

We do slip and slide a little bit, and there's been jokes about how we can't say the word New York in an American accent. It comes out like, yeah, or yeah, Eric. But once you get out of the way of yourself, you can. For fans of the show for this final season, I mean, just what can you tell us about it? And do you think the siblings are better united taking downpops or kind of every man and woman for themselves? I mean, that's the thing. It's like. It creates a great tension and a great drama, because, like, we haven't seen the siblings united, and so having a season where at the beginning, the premise is that they're going to be, you know, having to work together, that's going to set up some tricky situations. I read that Brian Cox, Logan Roy, your father in the show, said that he thought Logan's favorite kid was Shiv.

Oh, yeah. Were you surprised by that? I'm the one with the nickname. Yeah, that's true. Yeah, I mean, and also maybe I, like, sprinkled it in his ear that I should be the favorite kid and am, and so maybe I just sort of tricked him into saying it. I don't know. Well, you have so much going on. You are going to have a baby.

And you got married during the pandemic, and you just got to tell people this story, because you do hear this. I love the story. You had your buddy, like, your dear friend for years and years. You guys were, like, rooming together during the pandemic. Yeah. You were in Australia and had nowhere to live, and so ended up living with him. And it was one of those things where, you know, you end up having.

you're sort of realizing, oh, we're having a lot of fun. Like, we're having too much fun, just, like, playing games. It was petonic. Totally petonic, like, living together. And then, you know, there's chaos going around in the world outside, and, like, this is really special. We're having so much fun, and, you know, no one really should be cheering that we're having another six weeks of lockdown when the premiere says, all right, you're going to have to stay inside for another six weeks. And I'm like, yes, this is going to be great.

You're pitching a movie. That was, like, a perfect movie. Could be the next project. Well, love, blossom, you're married, you're having a baby, this wonderful season. Tara. We have something for you, though. Thank you.

Oh, yeah, we do. Chanel. We come with gifts for you. Oh, and Al. Because it's so heavy. It's so heavy to be bigger. Oh, this is from us.

You guys are sweet. You can open it. I hope it's gender-neutral. Whatever it is, because we don't know if it's a boy or a girl. Yeah, we don't know either. Oh, well. It matches the season.

It matches the season. That's it. We're going to have to say it. Oh, thank you. That's so sweet. That's so sweet. Oh, we love you.

And the final season of Succession Saturday, so premieres on Sunday night, March 26th on HBO. Hey, thanks for watching. Don't miss the Today Show every weekday at 11 a.m. Eastern, 8 Pacific on our streaming channel today all day. To watch, head to today.com.

Or click the link right here.



Al Roker, Entertainment, Food, Hoda Kotb, International News, Money, Natalie Morales, Savannah Gutherie, Sports, Style, Today, Today Show, breaking news, concerts, domestic news, health, home, interviews, media, parents, pets, politics, shopping, weather

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post