Denver7 things to do: March 3-5

Denver7 things to do: March 3-5



Hey, it's Friday, so you know what that means. It's time for our Denver 7 best things to do this weekend. Yes, Danny Neu is here again with a little something for everyone, I think. I know, this is the long one. I've a lot of different things. Let's start with something a little more eccentric, one of my favorite winter traditions ever. That's how I spend my Saturdays, of course, when I'm being pulled by a horse on skis.

The annual Leadville ski journeying and Crystal Carnival weekend is now in its 75th year this weekend. You don't remember ski journeying? We got to see a wipeout. I know. Oh, no. He's good. He's got, that would be us. If we were there, we would be the wipeout.

So you're pulled by a horse on skis, all throughout downtown Leadville. The festivities kick off today in Leadville and then we'll run all weekend long. Then there is also the Crystal Carnival family fair, which has axe throwing, which I guess is family friendly. I don't know. They do axe throwing. They're not throwing it at each other. Yeah, kids, no throwing axes at each other.

Or if you'd rather be cold in your own backyard. You would, Joseph. You would do okay. Our troopers, huh? There's Alan. That was a snowy day today. Oh, gosh. It's supposed to be 50s this Sunday.

So it should be different. For the Polo Plunge in 5K, that is this Sunday in Wash Park and our own Lisa Hidalgo is em seeing. This will be at Wash Park. There's Wonder Woman. You see how smiling they are before they hit the water. There's snow behind them. Yeah.

And then the after face. They hit the water and they're like, oh, right, right, right, right, right. But it should be a little warmer. It should be in the 50s. It should be okay in all the proceeds. Hell Special Olympics, Colorado. We are very fond of.

Meanwhile, in Breckenridge, this is really cool. The U.S. Association of Blind Athletes is hosting a skiing and snowboarding event for people who are visually impaired. Isn't that so cool? Amazing. Yeah, this is their 14th year. So we'll be back next year if you can't make it this time around.

But they're ranging from ages 9 to 56. Six different states are represented. And I think it's incredible. Okay. Now this one isn't a typical event that I would tell you about, but I want to put it out there for everybody. You remember my friend Copeland? Yeah. Remember him? Yes.

Up in Westminster. He loves hamsters. I met him. He has autism and his big thing is hamsters. When I met him, he was 15 and he had just started this nonprofit solely to help hamsters get adopted. He made his own nonprofit at 15. It's called Greta's Hamster Rescue.

And all he does is try to help hamsters. Well, yesterday his dad texted me and said that they had heard from a woman down in the Springs and were horrified to learn they had 23 hamsters all in a few tiny cages. Copeland was horrified and he convinced his parents to take all of these hamsters, get them all checked at the vet, and now they are all up for adoption at their house. Oh my God. Two dozen hamsters in their house. Their website is saveahamster.org and now all up for adoption.

If you need a hamster, consider Greta's Hamster Rescue. I want to shout out to his dad Travis. He, in his brand new car that he just bought, had to transport 23 hamsters, 90 minutes to Westminster in his new car. So what a good dad. I would get one if we didn't just get a hedgehog. Oh yeah. Because they look way more friendly.

And you can pet them. They're not spiky at all. Yeah, exactly. Not going to impale you. They'll show you love. Hedgehog is a little mean. Hamster, Nisa.

Go for the hamster. The hamsters are fine as long as they stay in the cage. We had one that got out when I was a kid. That was a disaster.



blind athletes skiing, colorado, danny new, denver, hamster, polar plunge, ski joring, things to do, this weekend

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post