Rick Hendrick on Ross Chastain: 'If you wreck us you're going to get it back' | NASCAR

Rick Hendrick on Ross Chastain: 'If you wreck us you're going to get it back' | NASCAR



Has Ross Chastain crossed the line? I think you can ask any driver in here that he's wrecked. I've been involved with him. He doesn't have to be that aggressive. And I guess at this point in the race, maybe you're super aggressive. But you just don't run people up into fence. Or just he's not going to make a lot of enemies. It's hard to win a championship when you've got a lot of paybacks out there.

So he's got so much talent. I think if he just calmed down that there's a time to race, Dale Arnt told me, Dale Arnt, senior told me one time. He said, you know, I won't name the driver to a drove for me. But he said, you know, he's got all the talent. He just doesn't know how to race. And meaning he just knows when to race, when to push it. He's got a lot of talent, but he's making a lot of enemies out here.

And I mean, Kyle, now this is this one in Dover. And you know, it's getting tall. The day it's really getting old with these guys. And obviously these guys are competitors. But this is another Chevrolet driver. So I don't care if he's driving a Chevrolet. If he wrecks our cars, I don't care.

And I've told Chevrolet that if you wreck us, you're going to get it back. And if you don't do it, they'll run all over you. So, you know, I'm a lawyer to Chevrolet. But when somebody runs over us, then I expect my guys to hold their ground. And I'm not going to let them ask them to yield just because it's a Chevrolet. And one last thing, thank you, is do you have to get involved? Or is this all about Kyle? I know Kyle typically is not a confrontational type of person. That's not in his nature.

Is that something that needs to be discussed at a higher level? Or is that something that Kyle's just got to stick him in the wall at some point? Well, I would think Justin would have a conversation and say, you know, it's going to be hard. Again, if you have a lot of people wanting to pay you back, then it's hard to win a championship that way. And he's got talent enough to do that. But we don't want to get knocked out of, if you look at the points that Larsen's lost because of that and the race here today. I mean, I think somewhere in the stages, he was all over Larsen. So I mean, the drivers have to settle that. Whatever I say to the owners or NASCAR, NASCAR wants to get in it.

They did with Jeff Bodine and Dale Earnhardt when I was going through all that. And they put a stop to it. But this hasn't reached that level? No. But this, no. And this is just now between two guys.



NASCAR, nascar, nascar full race, nascar highlights, nascar youtube, #nascar, #NASCAR, next gen, YouTube shorts, nascar shorts, nascar on youtube, extended highlights, full race replay 2023, nascar on fox, FS1, NBC Sports, nascar 2023, nascar full race 2023, Ross Chastain, Chastain, Kyle Larson, Kyle Larson vs ross chastain, Rick Hendrick talks Ross Chastain, wrecking, dont wreck us, wreck you back, Rick Hendrick on Ross Chastain 'If you wreck us you're going to get it back'

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post