King Charles and Queen Camilla pose for official portraits

King Charles and Queen Camilla pose for official portraits



Buckingham Palace has released the official coronation photo, portraits of King Charles III and his Queen Camilla. Now these pictures echo Queen Elizabeth's coronation portraits from 70 years ago. For the photographer though, this was not just another job, this was far more personal. He spoke with MTS Tyed before his work was revealed to the world. Their photos fit for a king. The official coronation photographs of King Charles III and Queen Camilla along with Britain's new slimmed down royal family. And this is the man who captured the instantly historic images photographer Hugo Bernand.

Because I like when you look at a portrait of mine, hopefully you'll be feeling that you're in conversation with that person. Bernand is a familiar face among Britain's upper classes. He spent years photographing high society events for the pages of Tatler magazine. But it was in 2005 when he was asked to photograph Charles and Camilla's wedding that his ascent into official royal photography was cemented. So I got my mother, who's a photographer, to start organizing it for me. So there was Hugo the photographer and his family photographing their family. Keeping it in the family, Bernand was asked by Prince William and Kate to photograph their wedding.

There's a really famous photograph of the wedding and it's a very relaxed image. It's an image that almost didn't happen. We had three minutes. Basically it is the real characters of every individual that has come through in that moment. What you see in that picture is real life. Despite the pressures of capturing history in the making, Hugo says in the moment he focuses on just one thing. Really deep down.

It's like, oh, emotion. You have to draw it out to someone. So if you're thinking of too much, your mind is distracted and you can't connect with the person. A connection that for Bernand is very real. So when you ask me what does it look like to look through the lens and see King Charles III, I see someone I know already well. Which is a really beautiful thing. For CBS Mornings, I'm Infias Tyeb in London.

Wow, I wasn't expecting that kind of emotion. I wasn't expecting anything more to him than just taking a picture. Well, I mean, he's trying to do more than just capture a likeness. He's trying to get something deeper from it. I was amazed that he was doing some of those photos he said in three minutes. Capturing the humanity, right? I liked it. I liked the pictures.

There was chatter in the studio. People who show him are main nameless. I thought that it looked like something out of a video fare. No, it looked a little bit like a novelty photo. Like, you know, at the cost of the fare. When we dress up in costumes. You can have an old West there.

You can do the royal option. We've all done that. We've all done that. But I thought it captured them beautifully. No doubt.



video, cbs, news, king charles, queen camilla, official portraits, photographer, hugu burnard, imtiaz tyab

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post