'Little Mermaid' makes stunning Hollywood premiere

'Little Mermaid' makes stunning Hollywood premiere



The live action version of The Little Mermaid is set to become part of our world later this month, but tonight the film's world premiere. Our entertainment guru George Pinocchio takes us to the deep blue carpet. Wish I could be part of that world. This new version of The Little Mermaid is expected to make a big splash at the box office. Halle Bailey was thrilled to dive into the title role. What does this moment, what does this movie mean for you? This moment means everything to me. I'm so, so happy to be here.

I feel just so inspired and grateful and honored. Melissa McCarthy takes over the villainous role of the sea witch Ursula, made famous in the animated movie by Pat Carroll. I look at Ursula and I look at you tonight. There is so much glamour associated with the both of you. I love it. Well, she is glamorous. I think she's like, she's a bygone day of glamour and abroad and not afraid to speak her mind and not always great decisions, but I think she's misunderstood.

The ensemble cast gathered in Hollywood to celebrate the film's world premiere. I was a die-hard fan of the original, yeah. And one of my favorite scenes from the original is the Dingle Hopper scene with Scuttle. So, yeah, to be a part of something that is so embedded into your history too is just like an honor. This reimagining of the 1989 animated Disney classic brought out some curious celebrities who didn't want to wait for opening day to see it. This is a dream to be able to be here 37 years later. Really, you know, to have this opportunity for our little film that changed the course of animation all those years ago.

We'll see the Little Mermaid in theaters May 26th in Hollywood, George Pinocchio, ABC7 Eyewitness News.



news

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post