Jalen Brunson and Quentin Grimes react to playing all 48 minutes in Game 5 win over Heat | SNY

Jalen Brunson and Quentin Grimes react to playing all 48 minutes in Game 5 win over Heat | SNY



Taylor, can you put a perspective, your performance tonight, the 48 minute, cutting it out and getting the W? Just tried to do everything I could to win. We did that, and I was on the game six. Yeah, I had to just bang my knee on the screen, but it not means to play. I do whatever you can to win. And I mean, it's what you live for. It's what you watch as a kid. So I knew I was hurt a little bit, but it's not going to stop me from doing whatever I can to get a stop or just disrupt the play.

And luckily, I came up with the steal. So I just knew how to just fight through it and do whatever I can to help the team get a win. You obviously know Tibs trust you, but what's it like knowing that he trusts you to a point where you play it all 48 minutes in the game? If we win, I'm OK with it. Yeah, and even in an elimination game, it's unusual for somebody to play all 48. Did you and Tibs mention anything about that before the game? And it's just the way it happened. The way it happened. Nothing was said at all.

Whatever it takes. When do you start to figure out either of you? It's like he's not taking me out tonight. I don't think you're going to again. Expecting to play 48. You're about to, once you get to that fourth quarter, like five, six minutes left, you're like, yeah, I'm about to play the whole game for sure. Once you stay in, and at the end of the fourth, you're about to play the rest of it. End of third.

Yeah, the fans have been great. They treated me well all season. And it's a fantastic feeling when you hear that. If anything, it's more pressure when you're at the field on the make-up when you hear that. But the fans have been great. And now they were great tonight. And we just love them.

Yeah, that's not me. You've probably been one of the best player in the playoffs so far. So just knowing that I might have that magic every night is going to be a little more disciplined if I got to play 48 or 25. It really doesn't matter to me. You've got to make sure I'm locking on him defensively and try to do whatever I can to slow him down. We have confidence in Mitch. And no matter what the situation is, those of them that are misses him, you miss them.

We're going to go there and have his back on the other side of the ball. But we have great confidence in him. And he just made a couple. And he felt good. And a couple more. Yeah, for sure. You know what I mean? I feel like I'm a rhythm player, definitely, for sure.

So just seeing the ball go through the hoop is definitely good for anybody who's going out there and playing. So just staying out there, just getting those things and getting a feel for the game. Just locking him defensively, getting rebound, just doing whatever I can to try to get, you know what I mean? Build a rhythm. So just fighting through just injuries. Everybody's nicked up right now. We're everybody on the team, nicked up. He's nicked up.

So it really doesn't matter. No excuses, really. Yeah, unbelievable. The things he brings to the game, a lot of it doesn't show up on the stat sheet. But I mean, obviously, he has gains where he does stuff the stat sheet. But he's willing to do whatever it takes. And we have a guy like that on the court.

You know, you're ready to do whatever for him out there. So nothing but respect for him. And he needs to rest up. So we can do it again. Both ways. An elimination game. Everything matters.

And I can't really take anything for granted. Can't take plays off. It's really all it comes down to, one possession at a time. And just being together for those minutes you're out there. Nothing really to celebrate. We obviously won. Get to see another day.

So this was great. But we got to get one down there.



sny, sportsnet new york, sny tv, sny ny, sny sports, sny new york, sny network, sportsnet

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post