WATCH: Patrick Kane's postgame press conference after 1st game with Rangers | NBC Sports Chicago

WATCH: Patrick Kane's postgame press conference after 1st game with Rangers | NBC Sports Chicago



I know it was a loss tonight, but what was the experience like? It was awesome. Just the crowd and coming up for warm-ups and pre-game introduction. Just first game as a ranger, it was a pretty cool experience. Obviously, I would have liked to play a little bit better and come out with a win. Hopefully it will come. I think I haven't played in a little bit, so maybe a little bit rusty. But excited to get feeling good with this team.

How were the nerves? They kind of go away after the first couple of shifts and settle into the game. Not too bad. Has it kind of sunk in yet now that you've played the first game, but this is all happening already? Yeah, I think obviously a big game Saturday. Then you've got a few days off. It would be nice to get a couple of practices with the guys too. But yeah, big one Saturday, so hopefully come back from this one tonight. How do you think you went with the line? I thought it was okay.

I think maybe we were looking to pass a little bit too much to start. But had a couple of good looks along the way. So I think hopefully it's one of those things that just gets better and better. It's been a while since you played with Panera, and did it feel like it could come back for you? Yeah, you try to remember your roots and everything, but it's just a chemistry we had from six, seven years ago. So like I said earlier this morning, I don't think it's something that's going to happen overnight. But yeah, we'll find it. How different did it feel for you playing for a new team for the first time? It's different, right? Definitely just everything.

How you come to the rink, how you get ready for the game, different colors, different things like that. But excited to be here and excited to get better and play better for my teammates. Do you have an idea of how long you think it could take you to feel normal here? No, I think like I said we had that game Saturday, and then I think we got like four days in between games. So like I said, it'll be nice to kind of settle in and get a couple of practices and kind of understand the way they want to play systematically with the puck offensives and all things like that. So they haven't given me too much yet. Just tell me to go out there and play, but yeah, it'd be nice to settle in. I think I'd play a little bit better for my teammates.

What kind of whirlwind has this last 48 hours, this last week, been like for you? Yeah, you know, I mean, you know, it is what it is, right? It's the situation you're in and a lot of time with like phone calls and making a decision and trying to figure out everything like that. So, you know, I think, you know, I give a lot of credit to Chris Drury. I think he was great with everything and patient with everything as well as Kyle Davidson. So just happy to be in the situation. Did you have any expectation of how you would be received tonight by the fans and the reaction? Not really. I mean, I think, you know, guys were kind of whispering about it around the room a little bit, but I didn't really know what it was going to be like till I got out there. So it's pretty special.

When you got out there just for warm-ups, what was that like? Yeah, warm-ups. I mean, you know, like I said, the pre-game introduction, it's pretty cool. You know, it's an amazing place to play and I got great fans and that was a great reception. Notice the end of warm-ups that you just do in our 10-me at the end. And I guess he gets to go off last year. Yeah, it's his team, so I'll let him have that honor. Cool to have Amanda and Patty here.

Yeah, yeah, for sure. I think it makes everything a little bit easier. Great to have them along with me. Who would have been nice to have my family here too, but, you know, I think they'll make their way to a lot of games here on the stretch. But yeah, great to have them here for today. Are they going to stay with you the whole time? Yeah, I'm not sure the exact plan yet, but I think they'll definitely go back here in a few days and then they'll figure everything out. Can you appreciate how awesome the crowd was in welcoming you? Yeah, I mean, it's like I said, it's a special place to play.

I've played in the original six franchises, New York Rangers, playing in MSG, and you get a reception like that, so it's something I'll never forget.



NBC Sports Chicago, Chicago Blackhawks, Blackhawks, Rangers, New York Rangers, Vladimir Tarasenko, Artemi Panarin, Jonathan Toews, NHL, Stanley Cup, Trade, Trade Deadline

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post