Aaron Rodgers Or Derek Carr, Who Ya Got Mike Tannenbaum? | 02/17/23

Aaron Rodgers Or Derek Carr, Who Ya Got Mike Tannenbaum? | 02/17/23



I heard you say this on the mothership and I wanted to have you on so you could relay it to my audience about what you would do if you're running the Jets and Aaron Rodgers is a possibility there that you got to entice him to give me at least two years and your thought process if you were the GM would be what? I'll reluctantly give up the first round pick to Green Bay. I'm going to pay Aaron, he has this roughly 60 million dollar option bonus so I'm going to pay you 60 million a year but Aaron we need to know you're going to be here for two years so fully guaranteed 30 in year one 90 and 20 24 and now I know you're here for two years buddy. But if I said you could have Derek Carr for less money for a longer period of time or you could have Aaron Rodgers. I'll go with Rodgers you know when you really look at Derek Carr he's been a B minus stand like when you look at objectively 32 years old he's been in one playoff game and now that we have seven teams make the playoffs in each conference I want a little bit more juice from my quarterback. Look A-Rod didn't play well last year we know that lost to the Torrey couldn't make the playoffs he's an all-time great I'm going to try to squeeze two productive years out of him. Yeah I just don't want drama anymore drama that comes with the position now Aaron are you going to play I know you're financially incentivizing him but I would almost feel it because it feels like the Jets are maybe two years away from being a playoff team maybe maybe next year but in four if I look at four years then I think they're going to be a playoff team and and you know forced to be reckoned with I just don't know are they are they on schedule or ahead of schedule as far as being a playoff team in your opinion. With Aaron Rodgers I think they're a playoff team and if you and I were running Jets I'd say a couple things one let's go get A-Rod and draft his replacement like we could do both those things and I think if we had Derek Carr and we're competing with Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes and Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert and Lamar Jackson I just think we're going to be at the end of the day feel like we're coming up a little bit short so when you think about how do we win the division and again we don't know what's going to happen with Tua and his health and but clearly Miami's added a lot of firepower there I need to score points and I know I could do that with Rodgers.

Okay would you rather have Lamar Jackson or would you rather have Aaron Rodgers with the Jets? Yeah if I could get Rodgers for two years absolutely if I only get Rodgers for one I'm going to have Lamar Jackson Dan he's only 26 years old remarkably he's already thrown for 124 touchdown passes he's rushed for over 20 more as well and this guy has won an MVP every defensive coordinator you talk to in the league job one is to stop Lamar I know durability is a little bit of issue but you know what it's an issue for Matt Stafford and Doc Prescott we've seen 68 Corbex start a game this year so to me Lamar Jackson because of his age that's what I'm going after next.



Dan Patrick, The Dan Patrick Show, Danettes, Sports, Audience, DIRECTV, AT&T, dp show, mclovin, perloff, paulie, paul pabst, seton o'connor, fritzy, todd fritz, mlb, baseball, NBA, basketball, ncaa, college, nfl, football, super bowl, mancave, man cave, hot take

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post