Quarterback Lamar Jackson requests trade from Baltimore Ravens

Quarterback Lamar Jackson requests trade from Baltimore Ravens



After more than a year of contract negotiations, Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson says he wants to be traded from the Ravens. Denise is in the studio right now with the latest from Jackson and also Ravens head coach John Harbaugh about what this really means, Denise. It is, as they say, the talk of the town today, Lynn. I can tell you that. Well, Jackson said in a tweet on Monday, he requested a trade on March 2nd. And then he posted this message on Twitter just before 10 a.m.

this morning. And it says, and I quote, I want to first thank you all for all of the love and support you consistently show towards me. All of you are amazing. And I appreciate y'all so much. I want you all to know not to believe everything you read about me. Let me personally answer your questions in regards to my future's plans. As of March 2nd, I requested a trade from the Ravens organization for which the Ravens has not been interesting in meeting my value.

Any and everyone that has met me or been around me know I love the game of football and my dream is to help a team win the Super Bowl. You all are great, but I had to make a business decision that was best for my family and I. No matter how far I go or where, my career takes me. I'll continue to be close to my fans of Baltimore Flock Nation and the entire state of Maryland. You will or you'll see me again. Now, despite this message from Momar, he is still under contract to the Ravens for the upcoming season under the non exclusive franchise tag. Speaking at the owners meetings in Phoenix, literally as this news was breaking head coach John Harbaugh says he expects no change at quarterback for the Ravens this upcoming season.

They prepare for all contingencies, but you built you built a great offense for for your players, right? I mean, that's what you do. And and Mars Mars under contract and that's the guy I'm course. I'm that's the guy I want to see be our quarterback. You know, that's that's my guy. We made a decision to go with them. Marjax in five years ago, right? Why? Because we love him. We love him.

We love the way he plays. We love his mindset, his charisma, his style. Either way, he's in the locker room, everything about him. We love him. I love him personally. I love being the coach of the team that he's playing quarterback for. So that's what you do.

You know, you build a team around your players and and that's what I'm excited to do. All right, he loves Lamar. Lamar loves us. So what's actually gonna happen here? We'll have much more on this new development in the Lamar Jackson situation with sports director Mark Viviano, of course, starting on WJZ News at four.



Eyewitness News Mid-day

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post