Jodi & Bender: Oscars will have crisis management team after last year's events | Studio 13 Live

Jodi & Bender: Oscars will have crisis management team after last year's events | Studio 13 Live



Oh, it is one of our favorite times of the week. Time to check in with our besties for mornings on 95-7 The Jet. Yes, we are joined by Jodi and Bender. Hello and happy belated birthday, Jodi. Hey. Hey, Jodi. Thank you very much.

It was a wonderful day yesterday. Appreciate the shout out. Very cool. Yeah, good times. How are you guys? Everybody good? We're doing good, yeah. We're just happy to see our friends. Yes.

Aw. Aw, very nice. Aw. It's nice. All right. Let's get started. You too.

So we have a surprise. Oh. So, okay. No, no, no, we'll get to the stuff. But I just want to let you guys know that at the end of our little segment this morning, we have a surprise. Oh, a surprise. You may know about it, but I'm not sure.

Surprises make me nervous, but I will bear it for you. But the first story this morning, Jodi and I do a feature on the show called Health Corner. It's always about stuff that just makes you feel good and makes you feel better, do some stuff to help you just get through your days. And this morning, a Hollywood legend, 97-year-old Dick Van Dyke, who just made an appearance on the Mass Singer. They took his mask off and everyone was like, who was that? He's like, it's me, 97-year-old Dick Van Dyke. He has come out and he was asked, what is the secret to your longevity? What's the secret to 97 years of life? And his response was, marry somebody half your age. Oh, come on.

There you go. What you did. Come on. Of course a man would say that. To be honest, I didn't know he was still alive. So it's good to know when he took that mask off. Exactly my point.

Surprise. Oh, my gosh. I prefer when they go into the deep Italian villages and ask the really old, like 120-year-old women, how are you still alive? And they're just like, vodka, red wine, and don't talk to men. Yes. That's why I go like this. That is how we are staying alive. Poor vendor is ready to walk out here.

Eat a salami and smoke a cigar. So you do not believe that Dick Van Dyke has a point where if you're 97 years old and his wife is 51 when they got married, you don't think that's the secret to a long life? I don't. I think that would be exhausting if I was with someone who was that much younger than me personally. That's true. I want to rest. They have so much more energy when they're young. It would be exhausting if it's being done right.

Right. You have to keep up with a spry 55-year-old. That's right. Maybe he just got himself a caretaker. That's right. Let's talk about this. The Oscars have a plan to make sure that there is no repeat of last year.

Fill us in. Well, it's a plan. Sure. If I guess if you were under a rock, you don't know the last year. Chris Rock was up on stage and made a couple of jokes at Will Smith's wife's expense. Then Will Smith climbed up on stage and was like, keep your my wife's name out of your mouth and slapped him. What? It was a very big deal.

This year they don't want a repeat. They've got a crisis team in place. A crisis team. Okay. For what crisis? I don't know. But for any crisis, they basically say they're just going to organize faster and they have a way to coordinate all of their different people. So like if Meryl Streep, you know, takes a baseball bat and starts swinging, the crisis team will be in place.

No one's going to stop that. I mean, we know we're amazing. We joke. I guess you don't really know. But this year, the Oscars doesn't want a repeat of negativity. So the crisis team is in place in case we get a chance to see them. And by the way, I'm not sure if you guys have seen Will Smith's latest Instagram video, but he's taking what took place at the Oscars last year very seriously.

There was a TikTok stitch that he put on his Instagram where a girl was talking about how you can talk to inanimate objects. The inanimate object due to your subconscious will answer you. Very strange, very weird. But Will Smith thought, hey, I wonder what the Oscar thinks of me. And then he looks at the camera and you're like, oh, are you seriously making light of this? Yeah. Oh, no. Like it's not even a year yet.

Yeah. What are you doing, man? Well, you know, I guess he wants he wants to be back and we'll see. Okay. Would you guys like to know what your surprise is before we let you go? Yes. Yes. You ready for this? Jody and I are going to be back in studio with you on Tuesday. Yes.

That's awesome. I'm excited for that. Surprise. We love it. It's always so fun. We really, we're very excited. We'll be back there.

We'll be taking over for just a couple of segments and maybe, maybe another round of pure sound showdown. No. We're not sure yet. No, no, no, no, no. I think you owe us. We'll get you some trivia over there. We'll get you some trivia over there.

We'll get you some trivia over there. No, no, no. No, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no. We'll get you some trivia ready just for you guys. We're going to have to have the crisis team on stand by us. You just sound low down.

Very nice. Very good. Have a good weekend. Bye guys. Bye guys. Thanks for coming back. Thank you.

They better not bring that back. I'm even nervous about today's trivia. We're just coming up a little.



studio-13-live, news

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post