Fans flock to Grand Opening of Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios

Fans flock to Grand Opening of Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios



The day is finally here when you can enter the world of Super Mario. Kate Tilley, Vanny Rose Ramos, live at Universal Studios Hollywood. For today's public grand opening of Super Nintendo World and Vanny Rose, I would imagine that there are some die-hard fans there this morning. Jessica, folks are here from across the world, Australia, UK. They have been sitting outside waiting to come in since 3am this morning. Guys, what do you think? What do you think? Amazing. Oh, this is amazing.

I love this park. It's really cool. It's a really cool park. It's way more expected. I haven't seen anything like yet. I haven't seen anything like spoilers. This park is blowing people away.

The opening of Super Nintendo World. People are just starting to walk and it's only been open for a few minutes now. We've got Princess Peach over here, meeting with her favorite fans. And we have here John Corfino to talk a little bit more because, John, you helped bring this world of Nintendo to life unfolding right in front of us. How did you do that? Well, with the help of a lot of really talented people from Orlando at our creative studio and of course with our partners at Nintendo. So, I mean, without all those talented people, we wouldn't be here. I mean, you know, we have been here this morning learning a little bit more about this world.

We know that it is interactive, that it is immersive. Explain that for us a little bit more. Well, you're wearing your band, correct? I am wearing my band, my Mario band. Power band is the important part of the game. So, the important part to remember is that you're actually going inside of a game. And so, we encourage exploration, much like a game, so you can go anywhere. There's no rules on what you do first or second.

And of course, you'll eventually find your way into Mario Kart, which is just spectacular. And, John, I did just go on Mario Kart. I'm not going to tell you how many points that I scored because I didn't do a great job. I'm going to be honest with you. But I went on Mario Kart Bowser's Challenge just a few minutes ago. It was so incredible. Tell us about that ride.

Well, the ride is next level for us because it has some real, really innovative technology. It's an augmented reality experience, layered against video projection and special effects. And it really layers together. So, at some point, all the technology kind of goes away and you are inside the game. You've got the goggles on and everything. Absolutely. So, I mean, it's like nothing you've ever seen.

Did you go through Rainbow Ribbon? Of course, yes. Well, have you ever experienced anything like that? Nothing. Right, exactly. So, the great part is, I've ridden it over 200 times, literally. And I'm still going for my best score. So, every time I still learn something. All right, what was your score, I have to ask? My best score ever is 200.

200? Yes. All right, well, I was in the 70s. All right, I'm going to be honest. Believe me, there are people who blow me away. So, there's a lot of headroom for all of us. All right, well, I might have to go back on the ride and redeem myself. John, this is such an incredible experience.

Everybody is so in love with it. Thank you so much. We are going to be seeing so much more here, but so many smiles and excitement from the new Nintendo World, that's about to you both in the studio. That cute kid behind you dressed as Mario. That was great. Thanks, Andy Rhodes. He's gone.

Yeah. There he is. How cute.



video, news

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post