Da Brat Reveals Pregnancy at 48 | PEOPLE

Da Brat Reveals Pregnancy at 48 | PEOPLE



Debrat and her wife, Jessica Judy Harris-Dupart, are expecting their first child. And they're exclusively telling people when they made the decision to expand their family. I think it was around the time of the wedding that we started discussing it, decided to extend our family. It's been quite a journey. I'll tell you, there's a lot of stuff we learned about women that are over the age of 40 and fertility and infertility and IVF and all of that. So it's been a journey. Yeah.

I think it started out, it was almost a joke. It was a promo. And she was adding new, she had a new collection coming out with Kaleidoscope hair products. So we were like, we're extending our family. Ha ha ha, right? Cause you know, she's like the genius with the creativity and stuff, right? So then we got such a huge response. It was like, oh my God, do we wanna have kids? And if we do girl, we better hurry up because I'm 48 and you know, she's 40, 41 now. So we just went from there.

Like it was like, oh my God, like, because we talked about it earlier in our relationship but we were so busy, busy, like nonstop. We decided, you know what, if we're gonna do it, we better do it soon, like now. The rapper didn't think kids were in the cards for her until she met her wife of one year. I never thought I was gonna have kids. Like I just thought it wasn't in the cards for me, but you know, I've had my great career. I've had a, feel like a full life and I've had so many wonderful things happen. And you know, I just felt like because I didn't get pregnant earlier on, that it just wasn't gonna happen for me.

I feel like I might've missed that boat, but I didn't. So you know, like I'm so grateful that I didn't. And I didn't really think about kids like that. I'm a great godmother, I'm a great auntie, I'm a great father. Like I love kids, but I just thought I had missed that boat. But when I met my wife here, I started looking at life so differently. Like I was just like, I want a little me with you.

You know, I want someone to take care of me and love me the way you tell me you felt when you had your kids. And you know, like I want one of ours together, something special from the both of us that we can share and raise and love unconditionally. But the loving couple's road to parenthood was a long one. We like her carrying and that wound up falling in our favor because when I did a egg retreat, when I wound up having blood clots in my lungs, wound up in the hospital in a large tart. It was a whole ordeal. The little fine print and you just never know, you never know, you never know that when you become a woman of age 40 or 40 and above, everything gets a little bit more complicated. Changes.

So even once that happened, they said if I was the one that was going to be carrying, it just was going to be a little bit more intricate, you know, or testing more this and more that. Not that it was impossible. It just would just be a little harder. She had to get polyps removed. Yeah, she had two polyps. First it started off, I got, I had fibroids. And I was like, oh my God, what is that? But luckily they weren't in my uterus.

So they wouldn't affect a pregnancy. And then I had to get this horrible hychroloscomycophage or whatever you call it, where they stick this thing in you and they told me it wouldn't be painful. Chow, I like to die when they. It's a little scope. It's a little scope, but it was so painful. But I found polyps, they found a polyp. So I did have to have surgery for that.

Dr. Jackie did the surgery. And then she found two polyps. So she got them out because those aren't healthy to, you know, when you're to have a baby. So I had to do that. And then I think I was clear. And then I got the first embryo transfer.

And we waited the 10 days and we were pregnant. And then a few days later, we lost it. So it was like, I mean, we were so happy, happy, happy. And then it was like depression, you know? I found it hard because I had never been so excited about something that I didn't even know I wanted. And then I fell in love with the idea. And then it was like all snatched away from me. So it was kind of hard for me to swallow, you know? And it just became scary and really serious then because then I felt like I'm not quitting until this thing works, you know? So she had quite a few eggs left.

I had none left, girl. But she had a few eggs. I know. And they were able to save them. And we went again for the second embryo transplant. And the numbers were super duper high. And we waited before we told anybody till the first semester.

After the first time, after the first, you know, I'm still learning. After the first time, after the first time, is when we told people when we were like in the clear. So it's just a blessing. I'm excited. This relationship has changed a lot for DeBrat, including inspiring her to live her most honest life. I was never really with anybody that made me want to share with the world until I met this one. So, you know, when I came out, when we came out together, it was, well, she was already out child.

But when I came out of the closet, you know, it was just an overwhelming love. Like so many people, I was like, damn, if I knew it was going to be this nice and loving and receiving, I would probably came out a long time ago. No, but it was because of her and her inspiring me and me wanting to scream from the mountaintops that I found somebody that I am totally in love with and I don't want to hide it anymore. So it's way different and I'm grateful that it is. For more with DeBrat and her wife, Jessica, pick up this week's issue of People on Newsstands Friday.



People, people magazine, news, celebrities, interview, magazine, celebrity news, celebrity, famous, Hollywood, celebrity (media genre), entertainment news, entertainment, da brat, da brat pregnant, da brat pregnant tiktok, da brat pregnancy

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post