Halle Bailey surprises Disney Dreamers Academy attendees | GMA

Halle Bailey surprises Disney Dreamers Academy attendees | GMA



Hi. I'm just talking about you. Hi. Hi. How are you? They're trying to play it cool. Welcome back to DMA and Halle Bailey spreading magic at the Disney Dreamers Academy, surprising two students with an invite to the world premiere of the Little Mermaid this spring. And now Halle joins us live from the Magic Kingdom.

Miss Halle Bailey, it is such a pleasure to have you on this morning. That was such a sweet surprise. How much fun was that for you? Well, I've been having so much fun here at Walt Disney World for the Disney Dreamers Academy and that surprise was so much fun. I mean, I love Madison and Dylan. They are coming with me to the premiere, so it's going to be great. Oh, that is incredible. So I've spent time at the Disney Dreamers Academy myself.

I'm so jealous that I'm not there to meet this time, but you've been there a few days. What have been some of the most memorable moments for you? Wow, some of the most memorable moments for me have been being with the students. I mean, I'm inspired just being here. I'm leaving here feeling so refreshed and they have such a hard work ethic and their passions and know what they want for their future. And I'm just stunned. I'm in amazement and so happy to be here. And the Little Mermaid, of course, has not made its debut just yet, but we saw that trailer during the Oscars.

You've already made a huge splash. What are you most excited for audiences to see, Hallie? Well, I'm really most excited for people to, number one, just see a movie that we all have known and loved for a very long time and see the new vision of it that the wonderful director Rob Marshall has killed and see our kind of new adventure and just the updates with it and just be taken into the magical world under the sea all over again. So I hope people just are filled with joy. And we just cannot wait for Hallie. I have to tell you personally, I have, my daughter's going to be three next month. She's just learning the Disney songs under your part of your world. Yes.

And so I'm going to tell her that I got to talk to Ariel and it's going to be incredible. But you're already getting recognized at Disney World for this incredible role and you posted this such sweet video. Do you feel like an official Disney princess? That little girl just couldn't let go of you. I truly do. Especially being here in Walt Disney World, I, you know, it almost doesn't hit you until you see reactions like that in person. Mila Rose was just such a beautiful soul and I was filled up by that interaction. But yeah, it's like when I'm here, I'm like, oh, wow, maybe I really am a Disney princess.

So it's really cool. Oh my gosh. And Halle, I just have to ask you because as you are basking in the joy of all of this, so many people excited to see you reinvent this role that so many of us grew up with but didn't get to see ourselves in. What is that like for you when you go home? Do you feel proud of yourself? I hope you do. I do. Thank you so much. That means the world.

But yes, I do feel very proud of myself because I pushed myself so hard. I worked very hard on this film and we all did who worked on this film. So it means so much that I get to take on this new role of Ariel and as a black woman, show other black and brown women and children and babies and men that we can be in these positions too and we deserve to be here as well. So I'm just really grateful for this moment. Yes ma'am. And we've got just a second left. But tell me what is one thing that you are trying to remind yourself during this time just to hold on to this moment? Wow.

I think the one thing I am trying to remind myself is to just take it all in. I turned 23 on Monday and I have just decided to just pat myself in the back and say you know what, you've gotten to this level. You're just proud of yourself. Let's have fun and just let it all just go now. Honey, it's a god's hand. Oh my gosh. Happy belated birthday and Halle Bailey, if you do nothing else you have done it all.

Congratulations and we will see you live here on GMA in May ahead of the Little Mermaid on May 26th from here. So we'll see you then Halle. Well hey there GMA fans. Robin Roberts here. Thanks for checking out our YouTube channel. Lots of great stuff here. So go on, click the subscribe button right over here to get more of awesome videos and content from GMA every day anytime.

We thank you for watching and we'll see you in the morning on GMA.



News, p_cmsid=2494279, p_vid=news-98119042, Hall Bailey, Disney Dreamers Academy, actress, artist, singer, students, surprise, abc news, gma

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post