Chris Rock to address Will Smith’s Oscar slap in Netflix special, live-action ‘Peter Pan’ trailer re

Chris Rock to address Will Smith’s Oscar slap in Netflix special, live-action ‘Peter Pan’ trailer re



time to check in on the latest buzz in the entertainment world. Liz and Mike from One Up Up on the Buzz joining us live right now. Good morning. Morning. Morning, guys. Morning. Oh, I forgot to go get our little whiteboard and wipe it down.

I don't know what day we're on. Oh, come on. We got to put it back to zero because we're talking about the Oscar slap. I feel like this is going to be a frequent topic of conversation here in the next few weeks. Chris Rock, I guess, is going to talk about it soon. You know, this is the first time he's really, really talked about it, and it's going to be in a Netflix special. And this whole thing is actually pretty cool because it is going to be in a live Netflix special that comes out on March 4th.

It's 10 p.m. Eastern time. I don't know if we have to wait till 10 p.m. our time or if it'll just be 7 p.m.

for us, but it's called Selective Outrage. And he's already workshopped some of the jokes. He did it a couple of weeks ago at a show that he did. And he made a big joke about the fact that people were like, did it hurt? And he was like, it's Will Smith. He's shirtless in half of his movies. Of course, it hurt. And he seems to be very good-natured about it, but they do have this airing just a week before the Oscars will come on.

And so it's interesting, one, because we're curious. We're curious what he has to say. But then two, it's also fascinating because I think this is the first time Netflix has tried to incorporate live streaming in their platform. And so I don't know if this is kind of a way to test the waters. Like, all right, now you get to hear Chris Rock, to see if it does well. So the whole thing is just, I'm fascinated. Yeah, it is fascinating.

Yeah, I think that it's really going to, I mean, Netflix has become a pretty big platform for comedy specials. So if this does well, I think that opens a lot of doors for future live streaming events. Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree. And now I have plans for my Saturday night, which I'm very excited about because it's the first Saturday in a while I've had plans. And I guarantee you we'll be talking about Monday because hear me out. Here comes a conspiracy theory. Okay, it's a live show on Netflix.

He is going to bring Will Smith out and get a payback slap at the end. Trust me on that. You think? I think. That's a bold move, Cotton. Let's see how it works out for him. I don't know. You know what though? I've been saying March 4th all morning and just now when you say, that is this weekend.

Yeah, this is Saturday. Oh yeah, that's this Saturday. Yeah, that's not February apparently. Is this Saturday? I hope it still comes out early. That's the whole part that's fun about being on the West Coast is you get everything three hours early. Don't have to stay up late. It's so great.

Yeah, that's so much better. We will be talking about it on Monday, I'm sure. We will. Well, trailer is out for another live action Disney movie. What's coming to Disney Plus soon? Oh my gosh, it's another Peter Pan movie. So it's Peter Pan and Wendy. I don't know how many times we can do a live action version of this.

I feel like this is the 73rd time. The only really famous person in it that I could find is Jude Law playing Captain Hook. And I watched the trailer. I didn't see an alligator at any point, so I'm not sure if that's going to be included in the story. But it'll be streaming. It's coming out on April 28th. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I feel like they've done this movie so many times that Disney was like, hey, we got some extra merchandise.

We had it on clearance. We can mark this back. We can just roll this out. Yeah, let's just push this back out again. Is this not coming to theaters? Is it just Disney Plus? Just Disney Plus, which thank goodness, honestly. I don't think. I will say.

I do think this one, I mean, just watching the trailer this morning, it looks cool. Like it looks good. I feel like finally we have some advancements in like special effects and visual effects now to really bring the animated version to life in an authentic way. There are some, I will say, there are some very problematic things about the original animated movie that better not be in this movie, but it'll be interesting to see how they do it. Oh, yeah, totally. I'm actually kind of excited about it, too. Unlike Liz, I do enjoy the Peter Pan story.

However, I am really excited the fact that they're not trying to remake hook because that is an old time classic that will never change. Rest easy, Robin Williams. I will love that movie forever. As long as they keep that intact, I am good. You know who was just in our studios from hook was Dante Basco. He was in that movie and he was just here for a fan fest. Yeah, or fan expo.

So that was pretty cool. We got the chance to meet him behind the scenes. So just speaking of hook, hook is a classic. I just want to take it from a different viewpoint because we all know Peter Pan is secretly a villain. You know what I mean? Yeah. Yeah. They're those parents.

Do you know how worried the darlings probably are the entire time looking for their children? Like the whole thing, like maybe if we took a different angle, but it's like, oh, here we go again. I know. No, it's really that's one of those Disney movies that you watch as a kid and you're like, oh, never land. I want to go. That's so fun. And then you watch it as an adult and you're like, this movie is messed up. Weird.

I haven't seen it so long. It did not age. It did not age well. It did not age well. It's a super old classic. Yeah. Yeah.

We'll see how this one does. All right, guys, we'll see you tomorrow. Bye, friends. Bye. I'm Mike every weekday morning on 105, one the buzz.



default

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post