Angela's Bassett's reaction to Oscar loss leads to debate

Angela's Bassett's reaction to Oscar loss leads to debate



And welcome back to the factor on censored. The Oscars still have a lot of people talking about it tonight, particularly about the moment when Jamie Lee Curtis one for best supporting actress. Everyone at home could not help but notice the disappointment written on Angela Bassett's face. Take a look. And the Oscar goes to. Jamie Lee Curtis. Mm hmm.

Some calling her a sore loser. Others are arguing it was a natural reaction. My panelists have their own thoughts joining me now here on the factor on censored. Jay Mac from 979 DJ superstar, Shanita Smith and the legendary Willie D of the ghetto boys. Glad to have you all here on the factor Willie D. Let's start with you. Mr Controversy.

Why? My thoughts. Yeah, your thoughts. Well, um, first of all, I love the reaction. I love the reaction because it was authentic and we live in a fake world. Everybody want to talk about keeping real. Now when you keep it real, they want to call you a sore loser. But you know we live in type of world where people say good morning when they're having a horrible day.

You did so I love it. The Oscars is the Super Bowl for people who act and it was a big deal. You know when people win the Oscars at Oscar, it takes their back way up at the roof. And so there's a lot on the line when you talk about winning these big awards like Oscars and Grammys and things like that. It's not a regular award. It can actually change your life winning one of those awards. So it's not just about Oh, you want to win the White Man Award? You know, you want to be here while you're begging for, you know, their acceptance.

It's not about that. It's like this is what I do. This is my craft. This is the highest level. This is the pinnacle of success when you do what I do and I want my recognition. Alright, Shanita Smith, I'm sure you were pulling for Jamie Lee Curtis, right? Absolutely not. But you know, she was authentic and we live in a world where we are supposed to be our authentic selves, but she's being bashed for being her authentic self.

But when you think about the Academy, it's not designed for black and brown people. So, you know, I didn't even watch it because I didn't feel like she was going to get her just due and she didn't. You know, when you think about she was nominated 30 years ago for a phenomenal role in What's Love Got to Do With It. I agree with you. Oh man. Yeah. And then, but the only two people, only two people of color, Halle Berry, who's been in many, many movies, but she had to play a demeaning role of Monsters Ball.

Yeah. Denzel Washington. It's not designed for people like Angela. Yeah, and of course, of course, on the bigger scheme, what I think about, of course, they didn't want a black queen to win because look, she's a queen. And I think the blimba, you know, they, you know, like, hey, if she would have won, it's like telling the world, hey, black queen. I don't know, man. I was serious, but I think so too.

Hey, she was in a conspiracy like that. She was tough. Well, you know what, like the lady said, I think she should have won definitely. Um, the movie 30 years ago. She definitely should have won. Was she snubbed this year? Who knows? Maybe I saw it. I don't know if people saw Jamie Lee Curtis in her movie.

No. You know, and so I don't know. I saw. But she wasn't snubbed. I saw. Okay. Well, what? Okay.

So was it? She played an hour's auditor and she did a good job, but she did a better job than Halloween kills. Yeah, you know, I'm talking about the one or two thousand two thousand dollars. I mean, it's like it's Halloween. But I don't know what everybody knows. Jamie, she plays very good in horror movies. I mean, to be honest, she is one of my favorite actresses, but Angela Bassett is. It was like every interview.

It was like Angela Bassett is on a different level. I heard it read that from a lot of black people who were disappointed in Angela Bassett, not getting the award show. But right, but but don't we talk about this every year that, hey, maybe we should have our own award show now. Willie, he's talking about how this can change your life, but you don't like people to go to the Grammys, do you? Uh, it depends. I'm just asking because I pay attention to what you say. Well, it depends. Like I say, you know, it depends.

The Grammys, the Oscars, these type of awards shows are the apex of award shows and it's different from these other. We can go and support the B.T. Awards, the Down Street, the Down Street Awards. This is our thing. We love that. We're proud of that and all of that, but those producers, the people who run those shows have not put the opportunities in front of the people who are nominated for these awards and who are who win these awards.

You know, you don't get the same opportunities that you get after winning one of those awards as you do when you win a Grammy or an Oscar and that may not be something that people want to hear, but that is the truth. I'm in the game for real, but you know what? Wait, wait, wait, wait, hold on, hold up. They were setting her up the whole night. Every interview before the show started, they kept saying you're the front runner. You're going to win. You're this and that and then it was like boom. So I think what's going to happen is that we're going to get the best we can because we're going to win.

And the audience knew it, including Jamie probably was like, but Angela is always the front runner. I mean, no, it's very difficult to beat her. She is like that performance she gave even though I'm gonna be I'm gonna call a strike strike. Even though Black Panther Wakanda forever was Wiggity Wigg whack. All right, Angela Bassett gave a stellar performance. Her performance was this emotionally authentic. You know, like you it's hard to beat Angela Bassett is like watching the female version of Denzel Washington.

Hey y'all, that's Willie D. Yeah, go to his Instagram. He said he said he said that.



isiah-factor-uncensored, kriv, Isiah Carey

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post