United Airlines introduces new family-friendly seating policy

United Airlines introduces new family-friendly seating policy



the United Airlines announced a new family friendly seating policy that allows parents to sit with their young children without paying extra. WBC's Anna Myler has the latest. United Airlines says it will now be easier and more affordable for kids under 12 to sit next to an accompanying adult on board their flights. It's hard to travel with kids. Parents know flying with little ones can be challenging and the added stress of not having seats together can make it even more difficult. Two moms we talked to say they've experienced that travel nightmare before. They wouldn't they wouldn't seat me with my two year old so I had the baby on my lap and the two year old was seated elsewhere and they wouldn't help me with it so I had to go around the plane and ask people to switch seats so that I could sit with my two year old.

I've had to ask people if they'll switch with me before and have that stress. So now United Airlines says they are using a new seat map feature that finds adjacent seats at the time of booking so that families can sit together with no additional fees. This includes the basic economy tickets that typically don't let you choose seats in advance. My daughter definitely I think would appreciate knowing that she's going to be next to me so I think it would be I think it would be huge. Earlier this month in his State of the Union address President Biden promised to crack down on what he calls junk fees such as resort fees, concert ticket fees and airline fees. Baggage fees are bad enough. Airlines can't treat your child like a piece of baggage.

United Airlines new technology will first look at all available economy seats but they will open up complimentary upgrades to preferred seats if necessary and if there are no seats available together at all their new policy lets customers switch to a different flight for free and customers won't be charged if there's a difference in the price. It's a welcome change for the Duarte family. It helps the kids with their anxiety and me with mine too. United says customers traveling with children under 12 will start to see more seat options right away but the full policy will go into effect starting early next month. Reporting in Logan Airport, I'm Ilar WBZ News.



WBZ News Mid-day, Anna Meiler, United, United Airlines, United Airlines seating policy, United Airlines seats, United Airlines seating, United Airlines family seating policy, United Airlines Family seating

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post