Seattle first US City to ban caste discrimination

Seattle first US City to ban caste discrimination



We are here! We are here! We are here! We are here! We are here! We are here! We are here! We are here! History has returned when we were there. We were here! We were here! We were here! For last like 30 to 40 years, we have tried to educate western countries about our plight. We have knocked the doors of United Nations. We have knocked the doors of each and every human right organization. Which is why we think this is very historical. The law allows us to now speak, talk about things that are wrong. Without that, there is a fear of retaliation and people do not want to talk about it.

So which is why we consider this as a really big moment because nowhere around the world such an ordinance has been passed outside of India. And I remember people from my community calling me slurs like crossbreed. They called me slurs like you are a dirty blood. So when this ordinance passed today, I went close down to my childhood. I heard all these things being like a three year old or a four year old. I have those memories in my heart. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon.

So we are here for the big, for the long haul to make sure that we protect our Hindu human rights as well as our culture and traditions like all other indigenous traditions across the world. Councillor Moschera. Aye. Councillor Nelson. Aye. Will the clerk please read item 1 and 2.



4420732, 545b4e035a7a4fef98e6d7d4af88a9f8, Associated Press, Priyati Gupa, Seattle, Shobha Swamy, US WA Seattle Caste Debate CR, Yogesh Mane, d999a616adbe487898c8b383bb644a06, news

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post