Ryan Spann Reacts To Nikita Krylov Main Event Being Canceled On Hours' Notice | UFC Fight Night 220

Ryan Spann Reacts To Nikita Krylov Main Event Being Canceled On Hours' Notice | UFC Fight Night 220



Ryan, I know you obviously got me incredibly disappointed at this moment. I mean, I guess can you put into words what's going through your head? I imagine you're still kind of processing it all. Yeah, I got one. Fuck. Can you lay out, I guess, the schedule? I mean, we just found out minutes ago. Did you just find out minutes ago or how did today go? I just found out not even 10 minutes ago. So still trying to process.

That's wild. So no indication whatsoever that anything would be in jeopardy. You're just going about your normal day and you found out when we did? Man, I was peeing. I had you saw it in the back and my coach stormed in yelling for me and it was him, Hunter and son letting me know that I wasn't going to be able to fight. I guess what's the most disappointing part? I imagine it's incredible sadness, but is it just not getting to perform? Is it wasted camp? I mean, what's the worst feeling right now? Well, honestly, I wouldn't call it a wasted camp because we weren't training for this specific fight. We're in champ camp and the plan was to go back to work Monday either way. So I guess that's what we're going to have to do so that it isn't wasted.

The disappointment comes from me not getting to show off some of the shit that we've been doing. They invested a lot of time in me. I wanted to be able to pay them back with a beautiful performance. Well, you certainly didn't let anybody down so you got nothing to feel ashamed of there. Any chance to talk to Nikita or see him or anything like that? Yeah, I stepped in to see him and just let him know it's not him that like I'm been doing a lot of cussing and fussing to be honest with you, but it ain't got nothing to do with him. I understand that, you know, shit happens. I mean, my brother always said shit happens.

It's just fuck. I guess last thing for me, I know you're still figuring it out, but is there a plan moving forward? I mean, is it like, hey, book me ASAP? Is it, you know, give me some time off? I mean, what do you think you do from here? Honestly, I don't know. I'm still trying to process what's going on. My coach is going, he going to do what he do best. So I just leave that up to him. We're going to figure it out. We'll be ready either way.

Is that the fight that you want next? You want that one back since he's been the one that you've been training for? Is it just any other one that keeps moving you up? If we're talking about the fight I've been training for, I want the champion. So I mean, like I said, I wasn't specifically training for this fight. This is a pit stop on the road to a destiny for me, and it's a little disappointing to get set back without anything that's in my control. And honestly, I really don't like the fact that I got to sit up here and try to process what's going on in front of everybody because I still don't know what's going on. But I'll be ready to go when it's time for me to go. Thanks, Ryan. Well, we appreciate you coming out.

I just have one question. Obviously, without being able to fight, there's no win bonus. Has there been any talk about any kind of compensation? Have you thought about that? I know what I was going to make. I know what I was. No, the answer to your question is short. I don't know what's going on. Like I said, I'm going to let my coach do what he do best.

There's not too many people I trust more than everybody out of just brought in here with me. So I'm going to let them do what they do best. Thank you.



ufc, mma news, mma, mma junkie, fight, mixed martial arts, usa today, mmajunkie, ufc news, ufc fight, ufc fight night, ufc fight night 220, ufc vegas 70, espn mma, ufc video, ufc coverage, ufc interview, ufc post-fight interview, ryan spann, ryan spann interview, ryan spann vs nikita krylov

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post