Zach Thomas enters Pro Football Hall of Fame

Feature Image

Summary:

  • Former Miami Dolphin star linebacker Zach Thomas enshrined in the pro football Hall of Fame.
  • Zach expresses gratitude to coaches, teammates, and fans for their support throughout his career.
  • Emotional tribute to his idol, Junior Sayow, who influenced Zach's football journey.
  • Zach Thomas to celebrate his achievement with friends and family at a private party.

Former Miami Dolphin star linebacker Zach Thomas is officially a member of the pro football Hall of Fame. CBS Sports Miami's Mike Cunha was live in Canton, Ohio with more on Zach's special moment.


Long-Awaited Enshrinement

It's been a long time coming, a big sigh of relief for both him and his family. Ladies and gentlemen, presenting Zach Thomas for enshrinement in the pro. Zach Thomas took the stage at the pro football Hall of Fame, the stairway to football heaven. As predicted, that bronze bust, a perfect square. But it was a full circle moment for Zach and the coach that gave him a chance in the NFL, Jimmy Johnson. I never wanted to let you down, coach. I always wanted to prove you right.

Gratitude to Coaches, Teammates, and Fans

Zach had plenty of people to thank, former coaches and teammates, not to mention the fans rocking his jersey that helped put him here in the hall. When I looked up on the stands and saw you wearing my number 54, I knew I couldn't let you down. Thanks for believing in me until the very end and even putting pressure on the Hall of Fame to get me here. He even had love for the fans were oftentimes cheering against him. Despite all the things you screamed at me, threw at me and did to me. Don't tell anybody this. I really enjoyed it. And I still do.

An Emotional Day

What he also enjoyed today was looking down from the stage and seeing all of his former teammates and family. Dan Marino, Sean Wooden, Larry Izzo, Tim Bowens, OJ McDuffie. All of them knew this would be an emotional day. Unfortunately, one person wasn't there. The man he idolized and later played alongside Junior Sayow. His poster hung on my wall in college and he was everything I wanted to be as a football player. He was my inspiration. He became my teammate and friend. Though he's not here physically, he's here in spirit and in a bust in that building behind me. I'm truly honored to join him. Junior Sayow, love you buddy.

Celebrating the Achievement

Speaking of Junior Sayow and that bust when we were with Zach Thomas earlier this week at the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He sought out that bust. He really wanted to see Junior's face again and now he gets to join him there inside the Pro Football Hall of Fame here in Canton. Now even though it's been a busy week for Zach Thomas, there is one final thing left to do and that's to relax and celebrate. We're at the site of his private party here in Canton where friends, family, and former teammates will join him to relish in this huge moment.


Back to you. Yeah, certainly lots to celebrate there.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post