Last-minute local gift ideas for Mother's Day

Last-minute local gift ideas for Mother's Day



We have some local shops coming to the rescue. And we're joined now by Sarah Weber from the Pittsburgh Web. I love the play on words. Yes, yes, we got to keep it interesting. And let's be honest, our city is just a web of roads and bridges and rivers and you have a lot of products to show us. A lot of products. Yeah.

It's about eight local businesses that are all female owned or female run. Oh, yes. Which I just think is such a fun twist. Perfect for mothers themselves. Right. Yeah. All right.

And we're starting down here with Flora Facial Bar. Yes. So Flora is a spine Wexford. And of course, if mom has a favorite spa, let's sync her up there. But the thing that I love about Flora is they actually not only just have like signature facial rooms, but they have a facial bar where you, your daughter, your mom, your grandmother can all do facials together, like add a pedicure table type thing. Oh, I love that idea. And you're getting like full muddy massages while you do it.

So it's just a really cool unique perk. Did you say muddy? Muddy. Body. See, this is my allergy. But facials are like, does it have like mud facial or something? Sure, we can put that all over if we want. My allergies and my sinus is all clogged. So yeah.

You don't hear anymore. Everything I hear from moms is they either want time away from the kids or experiences with the kids. Love that one. So this can be both. They have products too. So if you have any cards unlimited is up next. Cards unlimited.

One of my favorite stores in Pittsburgh. If you haven't been, it's in Shadyside. They have everything from funny cards to sweet cards. So that's a really good place to just get something that mom feels like you didn't just stop at a drugstore, right? It's a little bit more personalized. The other thing that we like is their games. So they have great games that you can do as a family. But then they also have a whole Mother's Day section right now.

This is a journal that you can do with your daughter throughout the entire year. So it's something that goes past actual Mother's Day itself. I love reading funny cards. I'm a funny card person. Like I'm always getting the funny cards. Exactly. Yes.

And that's something my mom cares about too. They're like a go-to for me. And this is actually from Love Pittsburgh. So Love Pittsburgh has over 120 local makers in their store. That's pretty. Three different locations. This is a nice way.

We know sometimes the husbands, the partners run out and get mom flowers. This dries them. Beautiful. They're made from a company in the South Hills. They pick all the flowers from their own house and garden. I can't keep flowers alive. Exactly.

And then hand creams, breakfast and bed. What's this? These are all, this is granola. Oh, I love this. Jam and coffee all from local makers. I have had this before and it is amazing. It is so good. I've had over my Greek yogurt.

Put a little honey. The Maple Street Jam. I want to have them on. They're a mother and daughter company. I know they are. I've been trying to get them on. Yes.

So great business there. All right. A new place, Paveeno. And near Shady side, they are doing a special with their bubbly. They actually do tastings once a week. So really cool way to either go get mom wine or take her to a tasting and then buy her her favorite bottle. You know, so cute way to says you are not only wise, but also wonderful.

I mean, we love it. And here's from the cheese queen. She's queen. One of my favorites. She now has her storefront, but she does charcuterie academies where you and mom can go together, learn the art or just get mom a subscription. It goes directly to her house. And this may sound familiar because she was on Chalkpitzburg.

So she's it was so nice. Great. All right. And down here, grab a little sorgole. So sorgole is one of my favorite kind of like home garden center, but they also have a natural place. So I hear you love cinnamon roll. Oh my gosh.

These are actually gluten free cinnamon rolls. So they have gluten free vegan everything that you can imagine if you want to get mom a baked treat. But then one of the things that I love that I heard from a mom is that they like spending time outside as a family. Right. So you can go get plants together. You can plant with each other. You can let mom have a moment planting.

But this is a little hummingbird feeder, which is another really unique way to surprise mom, have something in the garden that she can kind of remember the day all throughout the summer. And they even sell this little nectar for it in these little pouches. Ray, did you hear that? So cute. Ray Petlin is a bird nerd. You have to go to his Instagram. Yeah. And I just found out that because I also love birds.

And so Ray, look, it's a bird. It's not Mother's Day, but maybe for Father's Day. The hummingbird's actually a feeder for his ring and they come to his home. Is there the only birds aside from vultures that can smell? So this is different than just your sugar and water. Are you also a fellow bird nerd? I am not, but I like bloke became one. No, I want to be. Of course we have flowers here.

And I know you guys, obviously our moms, your birthday is coming up. So Sordo sent this for you and said she's for you guys to share the cheese queen. So thank you. What a wonderful assortment. And these are all things that you can pick up right now. You don't have to order them and wait for them to arrive. Just go out and get them in support local.

Thank you so much. Sarah, thank you for having me. And we'll be right back after this.



Talk Pittsburgh, mothers day, pittsburgh, local tv

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post