Joel Embiid Speaks On FINAL FOUR MINUTES in 76ers Late Loss to Celtics in Game 6 | CBS Sports

Joel Embiid Speaks On FINAL FOUR MINUTES in 76ers Late Loss to Celtics in Game 6 | CBS Sports



We didn't make them. We stopped moving the ball. And I think I don't think I touched the ball the last four minutes of the game. You know, like I said, missed a lot of good looks. I didn't touch the ball at all. Can you talk about how the soft six going double base affected you guys offensively? You didn't. We missed a lot of shots.

The shots that we would take every single night, we missed a lot of water, but shots at night. And that made us pay for it. I mean, we only made eight threes. And then obviously, that made 15 of them. I thought that's where the game was. So on those moments down the stretch, where the strength can get to the ball, what are those conversations like? You know, if it's the first match, you're in the hollow of you guys, kind of quite yourself. I think, I mean, I don't think we struggled to get me the ball.

I thought, you know, to start that four quarter, I was aggressive and got the ball. And we scored a few times on that. And then I just think, you know, our offense kind of started a little bit. We stopped moving the ball. And we stopped making plays for each other, like we have been doing all night. And that was a result of not getting good shots. And the ball, you know, not moving enough.

Was that one of the stuff you guys were doing, yourselves, Joram? Were they doing stuff to get you guys out of the four? No, I think we've been pretty good all season about those type of situations. I just thought tonight we were a little flat because of that shot making in the four quarter. I thought instead of getting back to ourselves, we just, you know, we started playing by ourselves. And, you know, in those situations, you know, we, like I said, we got to stick together. And we got one more. And honestly, we, you know, we feel, I feel pretty good about it. We just, you know, as a make-or-miss lead.

Tonight, we miss a lot of good open looks that we're going to make. And you just got to go to Boston and, you know, keep walking and, you know, knock those down. Doc said that you couldn't talk about it already, but Doc thought that you guys didn't trust you off. That's what you had been, is that? No, that's the key. I mean, like I said, yeah, we didn't move the ball. The offense, you know, stalled. And, you know, we put a good one, you know, we moved the ball.

We played with each other and the ball moved side to side. We get into our sets. You know, we, like I said, I got to be, you know, more demanding, but kind of went away from what was walking at the beginning of that four-quarter. Yeah, but, you know, as a big, it's hard to, you know, go get the ball and, you know, just create, you know, for yourself. But, you know, I just got to go get it. But when the offense can follow them to those issues, how much then does that work? And that fuel their transition game? I mean, between midshots, I thought the whole key was really, they got a lot of run-outs, lucky bounces on those midshots. They got a lot of opportunity to just get in transition and just attack early, you know, due to those misses and, you know, crashing the ball.

So, like I said, yeah, make a miss late. Should put a good about it. I mean, you know, they make shots. We just got to make sure we've ready for Sunday. You know, big game for us, you know, game seven. You know, we love, we doesn't love game seven, so it's going to be exciting. That was clearly a big issue in this one.

Defensively, do you feel like there was anything you guys didn't get a bit differently to take this and that? Um, I mean, we, I thought we did a pretty good scrambling tonight, but, you know, that made a lot of tough shots. You know, the way that started the game, too, we didn't start the game we wanted to. We didn't send a message that we're too comfortable. You know, Brighton coming off the bench, made a, you know, you had 11 quick points in that first quarter. And, you know, between, you know, the momentum, time changing between, you know, the stupid ass go-ten. You know, those type of calls, you know, that just can't happen. You know, that's, this is the playoffs.

If you're going to make those type of calls, you got to be sure about it. And that's just, that's just not okay. Couple more guys. Jordan to the change of line. It didn't affect us. All the answer, we didn't affect us. We missed a lot of wide open looks tonight.

I take them. Got to keep shooting them. You know, there's a reason why they went to that WB, you know, to have someone to protect the women. He was pulling over every single time. So that's where we got to have that trust and, you know, keep moving the ball and finding guys and, you know, trusting each other and, you know, keep taking those shots. I thought we, I thought we had a lot of good up watching this and we just got to convert them. How do you guys, obviously, you guys have a chance to, and serious tonight? How do you kind of collect your group and get ready for Sunday? I mean, we know what, you know, what we, we know what we got to do.

We've, you know, we've gone on the world. We've, we've won. It's not going to be easy in that environment, but, you know, same thing, you know, get a good start, better than we were tonight. And everybody has to step up, starting with me. You know, I got to, you know, be, you know, be, I guess I got to be more aggressive and, you know, as far as, you know, shooting and, you know, making sure I get, you know, my teammates open looks and, and, you know, everybody else has to do that job and everybody has to show up. So, but it's got to be fun. Game seven, you know, that's why you play, you know, for those type of games.

And tonight was pretty tough, but, you know, you, we know how much we could have been better. Missed a lot of good of, a lot of good of, of watching this, especially going into the fall up too. That made a lot of, you know, tough shots and, but that's the name of the game. You know, got to respond and, you know, got to go win.



CBS, CBS Sports, sports, cbs sports hq, sports hq, hq

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post