1 Takeaway -- Gianna and Jocelyn breaks down Warriors Game 5 win

1 Takeaway -- Gianna and Jocelyn breaks down Warriors Game 5 win



All right, it is time for one takeaway. I am hanging out here with a Jocelyn we can breathe a little bit better Jocelyn after that game. Finally, the Warriors right back at it, right back in the series. They're getting ready to head to LA, but they've got a win under their belt now. They do. Jay, I will say Brian Kiley is our photojournalist. I kept saying the Warriors are back in the series.

He said are they or do they just survive? I think after that when I feel a little bit more confident about this series, and I actually feel like they could come back and win the whole thing. Win the series. All right, well, Monday's game, Stephen Curry was going to need game need help after Monday's game. We talked about that he was going to need help and several guys showed up. We have to talk about Andrew Wiggins. If we pull up this play here, this is just one of them, but I think this was a pivotal one to let's take a look at this key possession. Warriors are up by 11 with a little less than three minutes.

Look at that Walker all over Andrew Wiggins, turns around, makes the basket and the foul. By the way, after this play G LeBron James sat down, that's when they put in the bench. Yeah, you get performances like that from Andrew Wiggins and Clay Thompson. We're going to be all right. I want to talk about Dramon Green though as well. We'll finish seeing that. So there we go.

There we go. Here we go. All right, so Dramon is incredibly aggressive, not just on defense, but he did really well offensively as well. 21 points, 10 rebounds. He put a lot on himself to do better for this game because he knew that they had it in him, but it was now or never. Here's what he had to say. It was on me to come out and like you said, set the tone for our guys come out aggressive.

It was seasons on the line back against the wall. You got to come out and give all that you got. Now it's just my mindset coming into this game and that'll be my mindset going into the next one. All right, well, other players showed up as well. We cannot say enough. Jocelyn about Gary Payton, the second, his plus minus was a game high plus of 25. That's all the difference for the team because when you see them making those threes, which they really struggled in game five doing and connecting, it's going to be like that.

Vintage Warriors performance, especially from, I would say two of the core three. Clay Thompson, so waiting for those big moments. Yeah, I mean, Steph Curry still had a good game, 27 points, I believe, but he even said it after the game. I mean, are we playing as best as we can? He's a lot of his three pointers were not going in. He didn't shoot the ball great from beyond the arc. Neither did Clay Thompson. For game six, if they're able to connect that, if they're making those threes, if Clay Thompson is showing up, if Jordan Poole shows up, I think we got a real chance here.

I think that's going to be the piece of the puzzle. If they do that, especially on the road in Los Angeles, that's going to be the biggest difference for the team. Jordan Poole, that is something that gives me a little bit, he gives me a little anxiety because every time I see him in there, if he's having a good night where he's connecting, it makes a big difference, but we have seen a major, a lot of inconsistency with him throughout this whole series, even this playoff run. So he's had some good games, don't get me wrong, but it's a little bit Anthony Davis-like. You have to be consistent. And I think that's going to be a factor too. He left the game early after an injury.

So who knows what his status is going to be for tomorrow night. Yeah, we'll say, gee, I am wearing blue today. Justin wore blue yesterday, so I think our theory is out the door. Theory is squashed. We were thinking that because Justin was wearing blue and gold, we were losing, but he wore blue and gold yesterday, and they won, so. But the corgi, have you seen this on social media? Have you seen that video of the corgi? Nailing baskets based on who's going to win the series. They're saying the Warriors take the next three.

Got one last night, two more to go. He is five for five right now. He's five for five. The dog. He's she, I'm not sure if the dog is five for five. The dog is five for five. So keep that rolling.

Game six tomorrow night, 7 p.m. at crypto.com arena in Los Angeles. Jess, we got to be ready for this one here.



KPIX 5 News Morning

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post