Glenn Howerton and Jay Baruchel talk new movie "BlackBerry"

Glenn Howerton and Jay Baruchel talk new movie "BlackBerry"



We're talking about the movie Blackberry First. For our younger viewers out there, this was the OG smartphone before the iPhone took over, if you don't remember it. The new movie tells the truest story of the rise and fall of the guys behind it. It stars Jay Bereshell and Glenn Howerton, who fans may know best as Dennis on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Kevin got a chance to talk to both of them about the movie, technology, and that intersection of technology and parenthood. It's interesting watching characters talk about technology not knowing what's gonna happen in the future, where we're gonna be having iPhones and all these things these days. And it's just fascinating to watch people in that environment because we know where we, how far we've come, but those characters have absolutely no idea what's coming.

I mean, they're dealing with it on the brink at the moment. I was curious as you would step on this set and then leave at the end of the day, did it give you an appreciation for where we are? Did you think about that at all? Like, oh my gosh, look at how where we were then. I don't know if appreciation is the word. I mean, frustration, I think, and whatever the process of being driven mad. It's all relatable. I mean, it's all relatable to be fighting for something that makes sense at the time. It is slightly horrifying to me to see where technology is headed only in so far as like, look, maybe with these amazing tools, we can do such amazing things.

Life is so much more convenient as a result. Yet, it seems to be not great for our mental health. And while you should read some of my 11-year-olds' text chains with some of his buddies, you're just like, I don't even know what you're saying. I'm reading it because I'm trying to be a responsible parent. We tell them, we're like, we're going to read your text, just so you know, we are going to be reading them. So just know that. And I don't even know what they're talking about half the time.

They're like speaking a totally different language these days. And that's all because of technology. So Blackberry is in theaters now. And for all my fellow Always Sunny fans out there, you can also see his co-star, Charlie, on the big screen, his new comedy, Fulls Paradise. He also wrote and directed, by the way, that premieres today as well. Holly, Glenn is known mainly for comedies, but he is getting pretty good reviews for this dramatic turn that he makes in this new movie. It's good that it's going to rain tomorrow so that we can get all these in.



entertainment, it's always sunny, blackberry, movies

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post