Five Boro Bike Tour brings cyclists from around the world to NYC

Five Boro Bike Tour brings cyclists from around the world to NYC



It was a perfect day for a bike ride and thousands of people did just that across every borough. CBS2's Christina Phan takes us to the annual 5 borough bike tour and explains the inspiration behind the event. 40 miles, 5 boroughs, 0 cars and 1 beautiful spring day. 32,000 enthusiastic cyclists embarked from lower Manhattan Sunday morning, peddling through the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn before wrapping up on Staten Island. It's awesome, the energy, the people, it's a really cool community. First timers and old timers, experienced riders and newbies took in the sights of the city together. I like that there's no cars because it's usually a little scary to ride on the streets here.

I love it, you know, I heard about it, I said, you know, New York City is the place you go and try it, why not? So I'm coming from Toronto, Canada. I'm here to help you get on board and I'm here to help you get on board. We provide over 30,000 New Yorkers with free education, we teach them how to ride, how to ride safely, we're also training, forming, incarcerated New Yorkers to become bike mechanics and then city bikes hiring them. This year marked the 5 borough bike tours 45th year and Adele Suwana is the millionth rider. I think it's a really good way to like, you think, see New York, like in the larger space and I've never even been to Staten Island. So it's really my first, like, first of many. There's no other ride in the city like this and no other day where the streets are this car free.

And Lower Manhattan Christina Fan, CBS 2 News.



CBS 2 News Weekends, Five Boro Bike Tour, christina fan, local tv, new york, new york city, manhattan, brooklyn, staten island, the bronx, queens

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post