What to expect from the Jets if they land Aaron Rodgers | You Pod To Win The Game

What to expect from the Jets if they land Aaron Rodgers | You Pod To Win The Game



What does this mean for the Jets this year? Assuming they have Aaron Rodgers, Nathaniel Hackett is coordinating, but with his game managing quarterback back, they've got the defense that we know was really strong last year. They've got guys like Garrett Wilson as weapons. I mean, what do you expect from the Jets this year? I mean, at least to compete for the AFC East title. I think even with Aaron Rodgers, like it's still tough, you know, you still have to go against the Dolphins. You still have to go against the Bills. The Patriots even in their diminished form that made me forget they even exist. They're still a tough out for most teams that they play against.

And I think if you're in the Jets organization, a Jets player, a Jets fan, you know, you kind of have to look at it and say, we were kind of scraping on playoff contention for, you know, the vast majority of the year was Zach Wilson and Mike White and Joe Flacco as our quarterback trio. So if we get Aaron Rodgers and, you know, he's still some modicum of, you know, Aaron Rodgers that we expect, then they should absolutely be competing for the AFC East title at minimum, even though that's still going to be a tough thing to accomplish because it is a good division, like I just said. Well, let's play the will they say it public game again. Okay. We did all the air and now let's do it with the Jets. The Jets believe they are in a Super Bowl window now. This is what they lacked.

They now have it. The Jets, and I'm not guessing at that. I'm telling you, inside the building, the Jets believe this opens a Super Bowl window for them. And they actually believe had they had an above average quarterback last year and consistency at the position, they actually were in the Super Bowl window last year. That's how confident they were in that team and how much they felt like quarterback play really undermined the potential of that team. There are definitely things that need to be done. Okay.

I'm not going to describe the Jets organization still, but I am telling you, and again, they may not say this publicly. So I will go ahead and say it. They believe they are now in a Super Bowl window with Aaron Rodgers when he lands on that roster. And I also think there are going to be some players who ultimately end up on that roster with him. OBJ would love to be in New York again. There's zero question about that. Even when he was playing in LA, I think he's still thought I would like to finish my career ultimately in New York.

I don't know if they can make that happen given the assets that ultimately they're going to have at the wide receiver position after adding Lazard, having Wilson in the fold. I don't know. We'll see. But there's work they're going to do on the roster, but I'm just telling you, I think they think this is a Super Bowl level team. I don't know if they want to say that out loud because look, it is, you don't need to say much in front of the Jets fan base to get them excited.



Yahoo Sports, Sports News, NFL, Green Bay Packers, Aaron Rodgers, New York Jets

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post