Corey Stoll talks new film, 'Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania' l GMA

Corey Stoll talks new film, 'Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania' l GMA



Ant-Man in the Watts Quantum Mania, buzzed into the top spot at the box office last weekend, setting records with the franchise's biggest opening yet. And now I'm spoiler alert. Our next guest, Surprise Marvel fans, with his return to the big screen, even though you might not recognize them in his new role. Check it out. But the conqueror found me, rebuilt me, made me the ultimate weapon, a mechanized organism designed only for killing. A modoc? Oh, a moat. Oh, I get it.

It's an acronym. It's an acronym. Mechanized organism designed only for killing. Actually, that's modoc. Well, here he is now, Corey Stowe. Corey, welcome to GMA, my friend. And you were even giggling, watching.

Yeah, watching. I was taking you out. Well, it may show the, you know, modoc's little, but I think that's, that really tickles me. But it's quite the makeover. Tell us about this new look that you have now. Yes, well, if you remember from the end of the first movie, I sort of shrink infinitely. It sort of left a little vague, whether I died or I'm just somewhere in the quantum realm, but you find me and I've been transformed into modoc, which a giant six foot head with little arms and legs.

But you had to, and you had to keep this a secret. You had to keep your return a secret. So how hard was that for you? Oh, it was very hard. This was, I'm not lying. This was a dream role. It was just so crazy. I was familiar with the original modoc from the comic books, and it was just the craziest character you could ever imagine playing.

And I wanted to scream it from the rooftops. And you have a seven year old son. Do you have any like real dad cred now that you're in a movie like this? Zero. Doesn't, doesn't, he has no interest at all. He doesn't believe me, but he's, he's not really into violence. So he doesn't, he doesn't want to watch it. I've said, I'm really in the movie.

He doesn't believe me. So he wouldn't even recognize his own father in this movie. And he doesn't believe in dad. Tell them he's in the movie. Exactly, exactly. Someday. Yeah, he's a good seven year old then cause none of them believe it.

You know what? Evangeline Lilly, she came by, stopped by, and she said that she enjoyed filming this movie because she did not have to train for all the stunts because all CGI. So for you, how was that? It was also a dream process because, I mean, I didn't even have costumes. I could wear street clothes. I just had the dots on my face and the, you know, the performance capture camera. And I got to work with all the actors, but we didn't wait for cameras or lights or anything. It was a really, it felt more like doing a play. Really? Yeah.

Wow, you would never know that watching this movie. And this is what I found interesting. You, when you were growing up, you wanted to be a stage manager. Is that true? Yeah, we did this whole project with the Metropolitan Opera where they gave all the kids different roles. And I think they were afraid that people wouldn't want to be stage managers. So they really sold it. They said, this is the job you want and I bought it.

And yeah, I really wanted to be a stage manager. They forced me to be an actor. Well, I'm glad they forced you in front of the camera, man. You're meant to be in front of the camera. I love all the stuff that you do, but we wanted to help you out in what you wanted to do in the past. We have quite a few stage managers here. And we're gonna bring out one, Eddie.

Eddie, come on in here. How are you? You know, Eddie is the guy that when everyone at home hears this silly last, it's always Eddie. And, but Eddie's gonna get. That's that on? Yeah, he's gonna show you how to wrap me up on this segment, how we end the segment. So normally I would just kind of like wave bye bye, but Michael doesn't always pay attention. So you could just do a wrap sign. Did you say I don't pay attention? You are one of the more difficult.

Oh, I'm not. I'm either. Ooh, cut. I like to cut. I'm not paying attention. I'm not paying attention. Oh, boy.

I'm gonna say this. Corey Stowe, Ant-Man, and the Wasp, Quantamania is playing in theaters everywhere right now. You're natural at this. You got a job. Eddie, get out of here. You're fired. Corey's got the job.

You guys stay right there. We'll be right back with more GMA. Corey, thank you. Yeah. Well, hey there, GMA fans. Robin Roberts here. Thanks for checking out our YouTube channel.

Lots of great stuff here. So go on, click the subscribe button right over here to get more of awesome videos and content from GMA every day, anytime. We thank you for watching, and we'll see you in the morning on GMA.



ABC, Ant-Man, Corey, GMA, MODOK, Marvel, Movie, News, Quantumania, Stoll, Superhero, p_cmsid=2494279, p_vid=news-97439252, ant-man 3, ant-man sequel, Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania, ant-man and the wasp quantumania cast, ant-man and the wasp quantumania modok, corey stoll modok, marvel movies, paul rudd, evangeline lilly, good morning america, abc news

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post