Rick's Reviews: John Wick Chapter 4

Rick's Reviews: John Wick Chapter 4



Alright, let's talk entertainment news. The next chapter of the John Wick series coming out this weekend and 17's entertainment expert Greg Bentley got to see it yesterday. So we wanted to pick his brain. He's joining us in studio now all about John Wick. This is number four. What do you think of the first three? Chapter four. Chapter four.

I like the first one a lot. I like the second one even better and I like the third one even better than that. Okay, so now number four, what's your opinion? It's the best of the four. Really? Oh my goodness. You know, it's so funny because people keep, I keep getting asked, you know, what's my favorite superhero movie? And you know, you can make an argument for John Wick. He doesn't wear spandex, but the guy's brooding like Batman. He's a killer like Deadpool.

And if you see the new movie, he's almost as invulnerable as Superman. Yeah, this is a movie that if you like action, you're going to love this movie. And again, it comes in under three hours. So you would think, oh my goodness, I'd be bored to tears. No, it starts from the beginning and it just keeps building and building. It is just, it's just an amazing, amazing film. Sounds fantastic.

So good for date night, good to go out. And I also heard it's set in Paris. Let me, let me back you up just a little bit. It's good for date night, but make sure your date likes violence. Because this film is loaded with violence. John Wick's the kind of guy can walk into a room and by the time he walked across the room, he's killed 37 people. So you got to be ready for that.

This is not a PG-13 type of program. It's got an R and it deserves it. It deserves it. I was thinking because it's one of those big blockbusters. I feel like we haven't had a lot of this in theaters. And so when I hear chapter four of John Wick, I haven't been able to see the other ones, but people talk so highly of it. I'm like, let's go out to the movies.

Does this stand alone if we did want to do it for date night? As long as you're okay with the violence aspect of it. And you pretty much pick up, I mean, the John Wick storyline is very thin. There's a secret group called the Head Table that owns his life. Basically, he owes them. And unless he can free himself, he's going to be running from them the rest of his life. This is his chance to free himself. You're caught up.

You can go see it. No, I can go see it. Perfect. Perfect. And you're right. A big part of it takes place in Paris. A big part of it takes in Berlin.

A big part of it takes in Japan. And it's big. Everything in this movie is big. You walk into a room and the windows in the office are like 15 stories tall. You walk into an art gallery and the paintings are two stories tall. And you go into an area where people are being killed and everybody's being killed. So you think this is good for the big screen? Don't wait for it to come out? Especially if there seems like they're in Berlin, John Wick ends up in a nightclub where there must be a thousand people dancing.

And so if you see that on the small screen, you're not going to get the idea of how big everything is. Again, it's good. And sit down in your front because you really want this to loom over you. This is a movie that is big in every way possible. I just love that review. Final, what is your vote for it? What's your grade? Look, I'm going to give this movie a B plus. The only reason I cut it a little bit is Keanu's not really a Shakespearean actor.

So when he has lines, hmm, but it gets a big best. And if you want a full review of this movie, it's at rick'sreviewskt.com. Fabulous. Rick, thank you so much. Oh, thank you. All right, we'll be right back.



video

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post