Mobile sports wagering goes live in Massachusetts

Mobile sports wagering goes live in Massachusetts



It's been years in the making, but online mobile sports betting has finally arrived in Massachusetts. I think I'm most excited about it is I don't have to hear from my friends anymore asking me when can I just make a legal bet in Massachusetts. I'm tired of using my bookie. Six companies expected to launch online bets today with most offering free promotional wagers. But DraftKings, whose headquarters is located on Boylston Street, rolled out the confetti cannons in a duck boat hoping their Massachusetts roots and their $200 in free promotional bets for new customers will help them separate from the pack. No one's going to understand the customer like we do, and I think that's what will set us apart in terms of how we perform here. This has been a state that we've been waiting for for the last, you know, ever since PASPA got overturned for the last three years.

We have amazing customers here. We have amazing employees here. A day Massachusetts gamblers have been dreaming about finally here, with hopes of the Bruins and Celtics not just lifting another banner, but bringing in big bucks for Boston Betters and the Commonwealth. Today's the first day. I'm not spending the money just yet, but I'm very, very optimistic that this is going to be very impressive revenue numbers once this is up and running. I think Massachusetts is going to be the number one market per capita in the country personally. Now we do need to mention that there is a problem gambling helpline.

That phone number is on your screen right now. It is 1-800-327-5050. Reporting in the back bay this afternoon, Nat Reid, WCVB News Center 5.



Boston, Massachusetts, academy awards, draftkings, goes live, march madness, mobile sports betting, sports wagering

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post