Flick Picks with MKE Film: 'Creed III' and more

Flick Picks with MKE Film: 'Creed III' and more



this morning we have new flake picks for you that you can have set up for your weekend. Yeah that's right Christopher Pollard of Milwaukee Film and the movie podcast CineBuds joins us live with what's new in theaters. Good morning to you Christopher, thanks for being here. Hi thanks for having me. Yeah of course so first let's talk about the third installment of Creed. I am so excited for this already getting some some great reviews from critics. Oh no surprises here.

The newest in the Creed series comes out this Friday. You have everything you would expect from it. Great drama, great boxing, but we're introduced to a new character starring Jonathan Majors who plays an old friend who turns into a boxing rival. I mentioned him a couple weeks ago when we talked about Ant-Man. He's everywhere right now and he's one of my favorite. I'm just very excited about him. And then the film actually had its LA premiere last Monday, this past Monday, and Michael B.

Jordan was there talking on the red carpet about making his directorial debut. I mean the fact that people love it and they understand what I'm trying to do, you know what I was trying to say, it took a lot of creative swings and the fact that they they enjoy where the franchise is going just means the world. They put a lot of time and effort and energy into making these movies with my cast and my crew. So the fact that the reviews and the critics love it, you know that's that's a that's a that's a good feeling. What did he say? No, just kidding. You know that's my cousin right? Michael B. Jordan.

Okay anyway I'm so excited Christopher because it seems like that person like the biggest fight that he has, we open up the trailer with kind of like a sugar skull. I think he's from Mexico, something like that. So I'm so interested to see that twist later on. It's gonna be a good movie. Yeah absolutely. Okay another film that we have to talk about, The Civil Dead is coming to the Oriental Theater. Yeah it absolutely is.

It's gonna be a lot of fun. Civil Dead has been described as the opposite of every ghost story you've ever heard. In this situation the unfinished business usually with the ghost is with the living. Ghost comes back to help his old friend out. The characters are less scary and more annoying, lazy and absurd. It's a great new indie comedy. It's sort of like a supernatural Napoleon Dynamite.

Very cool. I can totally see that. Oh right. Kind of like grumpy old men but they're dead now or something. All right and the Oriental Theater is also going to be screening Emily. Oh yeah absolutely. I actually got a chance to see this one recently and I really loved it.

This is the story of Emily Bronte who wrote Wuthering Heights of course. It's beautifully shot. It's a mostly fictional account of Bronte's life. This supposed romance she may have had in her life that could have affected her and her writing. So it's not a typical biopic but it does still have all those elements you expect from like a stunning timepiece type of a film. Any fans of Jane X incarnations or Wuthering Heights they'll really love this film. Yeah and you can catch it up at the Oriental Theater.

Lastly I want to talk about Guy Ritchie's star studded film Operation Fortune. It's out this weekend. Yeah it is. This is great. So it's Guy Ritchie's new film with Jason Statham, Aubrey Plaza and Hugh Grant. So it's a great great cast. This is one of those fun escapist paper films.

You've got an old band and operatives get together to see them. Pretty straightforward. If you're in the mood for an enjoy the ride type of a film with chasing, fighting, wisecracking. This is a good option for you. Yeah I love Jason Statham and Aubrey Plaza is quickly becoming one of my favorite actresses. She's so great. Yeah and I think it really hit me when she was in white lotus.

I think that's when I became even more a fan of her. She does such a great job and even at her speech what was it that was at the SAG Awards? The SAG Awards I think she made a pretty uh she made some headlines. Right for her dark hue. Definitely. It's kind of her shtick you know and did I see Josh Hartnett in there for that movie? I believe so yeah. I haven't seen him in a while. Pretty star studded.

There we go Operation Fortune out this weekend. Christopher Pollard from Milwaukee Film thanks for being with us and sharing your insight.



Entertainment, Milwaukee, Movies, Oscars, Women's History Month, creed, emily, flick picks, kristopher pollard, mke film, operation fortune, the civil dead, wisn

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post