Credit Suisse Staff Looking for Jobs Are in the 'Hundreds': Recruiter

Credit Suisse Staff Looking for Jobs Are in the 'Hundreds': Recruiter



Well, I'm not sure if your firm was the one that our reporter had alluded to there But I'll ask you directly now. How many calls have you fielded these last few days from credit Swiss? employees In the hundreds I I believe yeah, and it's across front middle and back office But I would say largely You know we're hearing mostly from the people in the capital markets, so investment banking And what are you telling them? I mean this is coming at a time where? The banks itself are cutting costs and shedding jobs. Are there jobs for them? To be honest, I don't think there's enough jobs out there to You know accommodate all the job seekers, right? Yeah, so they will have to be I guess open-minded right when it comes to Getting the next row, you know, it could be you know taking on something in a related area I think key is really to stay employed in Such uncertain times right because the longer you stay away, you know your your market value will drop Well, that's it as it is that you know what are the other industries or Correlated industries that they perhaps will find opportunities and gives a sense also that How long this has been going on because I mean the writing's been on the wall for some anyway Will so you know when did the sort of telephone call start and look at the correlated places that they can be placed? Well, I think the the job market started softening quite a bit since the middle of last year and In fourth quarter last year, you know, it's kind of accelerated And it further intensified at the start of this year. So so it's been ongoing for some time not just at CS, right? It's it's really, you know Across most of the investment banks, but but yeah, I mean but CS is a you know, it's a different story, right? Yeah, and for the job seekers, I would say, you know Look at opportunities in the buy side. That's one and maybe also if you're from Capital markets or global markets, maybe look for a role in private wealth, right? Yeah, I think he is like I said right to be open-minded Well, speaking of private wealth, I need to then ask you about the other bank in this transaction this week, which is UBS Have you been fielding calls also from UBS employees? Maybe looking at a bit perhaps worried that Not all jobs will be kept I'll actually from UBS less. So actually no, we have not yeah So it's mostly from CS well, well, that was yes exactly Will so, you know, that leaves us nicely to talk a little bit about you know, perhaps, you know, we've Wear your things. I mean geographically.

Are you just singularly on Singapore? If so, do you see job openings maybe tight there, but elsewhere in the region? What are you witnessing? It's across Asia. So namely, you know, Hong Kong Singapore Tokyo.



bankers, banking, banking jobs, banks, credit suisse, headhunters, recruitment

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post