Making history at upcoming 95th Academy Awards

Making history at upcoming 95th Academy Awards



All the fans are lined up outside and they have every reason to be. The catchy song playing is not to not to from the movie RRR. The song has already made history, becoming the first from an Indian production to be Oscar nominated for best original song and for winning a Golden Globe in the same category earlier this year. And that crowd outside, they weren't there for us. No, not at all. We were there for this guy right here. The film also won at this year's Critics Choice Awards.

Joining us now with more on the film's success is the star of RRR, Ram Sharron and the House. Yes, yes, yes. Did you see that crowd out there? That dog, how are you? I'm good. We're excited to have you here. Yes, we are. Yes, gosh, it's so nice to have you. So first let's talk about the movie.

What is that about? Break that down for us. It's a movie about great friendship, great brotherhood, camaraderie, the relationship between these two characters. Yeah, and I think it's one of the finest writings of my director Raj Mohli. And he is known as the Steven Spielberg of India. It's a big couple, man. Yeah, I mean, everybody calls him that and I'm hope that he's going to make his way to the global cinema very soon with the next film. And we heard the song Natu Natu.

Am I saying that correctly? Natu Natu? Natu Natu. It is a hit. It is everywhere. It's nominated for this year's Oscars. It's already won a ton of awards and it's actually beat out songs from Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga. So that's how big it is. Exactly.

So it's gone viral. What do you think has hooked people onto this song? I loved all their songs, Rihanna's songs, Lady Gaga's and the Top Gun Maverick song. And it is a tribute to Indian cinema and it's the first award in 80, 85 plus years of Indian cinema. This is the first time the Academy has recognized and Golden Globe has recognized and multiple other critic awards. It is not just RRR. I think it's Indian cinema and Indian technicians who are being honored. And just when we thought in India we have achieved everything and we want to move to the next project, man West, just show us that it's just the beating.

And you've been busy personally as well because you have a first baby on the way. Congratulations. So how much new dad fear do you have, which was harder learning to dance, you know, all of these moves? Actually all the years when we didn't plan I was pretty available for my wife and right now I was, I'm just packing and unpacking so much. So doc, thank you. I'm glad I met you. I will be taking your number. My wife is going to be in US for a while.

Perfect. I will be, listen, I'm available to travel with you all over the world. Just in case you need. I'll be her assistant. All the Indian viewers, she's the most famous gynecologist in the US. Thank you. Yes, I'm honored to deliver your first baby.

Such a coincidence. My executive producer might have a problem with that. We'll talk. We'll talk. But congratulations on everything. Thank you. It's so nice to have you.

I was like a swag, it's so smooth. Look how he's sitting in the chair. Oh yeah. Like Athens. I'm trying to act humble. That crowd outside, it's going to be difficult. But thank you so much for being here and sharing with us.

We were so excited about RRR and the music as well. Rob Chiron right here. RRR is back in theaters everywhere across the US starting March 3rd. Let's give it up one more time for Rob. Yes, good to see you. Good to have you. And be sure to tune in right here to ABC for all of the Oscar excitement.

Of course right here on Sunday, March 12th. Well, hey there, GMA fans. Robin Roberts here. Thanks for checking out our YouTube channel. Lots of great stuff here. So go on, click the subscribe button right over here to get more of awesome videos and content from GMA every day anytime. We thank you for watching and we'll see you in the morning on GMA.



95th, Academy, Awards, Charan, Indian, Naatu, Oscar-nominated, RRR, Ram, film, gma, history, making, p_cmsid=2494279, p_vid=news-97391699, production

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post