Fore! LIV Golf coverage hits the CW as season begins

Fore! LIV Golf coverage hits the CW as season begins



Golf is coming to the CW, but the sport will have a different vibe than folks are used to. Alright, providing some of the play-by-play for this season of Live Golf will be commentator and former professional golfer David Fairty and he joins this morning with a preview. Good morning, sir. How we doing? Good morning, Dan. I'm doing great down here in Dallas. In Dallas? Okay. Hopefully it's warmer there than it is here.

Live Golf, unlike what we're used to seeing at normal golf tournaments. Explain what exactly makes Live Golf different? Well, it's not a normal golf tournament, that's for sure. We have a team aspect, which is the main difference, I think, to our coverage. And we've got team captains. It's really, it's the best of stroke play golf with a little rider cup kind of atmosphere dialed into it as well. So how many tournaments are actually in the season and what's the prize? There'll be 14 tournaments a season and all of our best players will be playing in every tournament, which is another one of the great things about Live Golf. You'll see some of the best players in the world every week, whereas on the PGA Tour or on other tours around the world, players pick and choose which tournaments they're going to play in.

Our guys are going to play every week for $25 million. Okay, so we don't want to name too many names here, right? But I do understand that there are some familiar faces and names that we will see at some of these events, right? Yeah, for sure. You know, there's Bryson, there's Brooks, there's Phil, there's, you know, a lot of the best players in the world are going to be there. How excited are you then to get this kicked off? Oh, I'm beside myself. You know, I can't wait to get going in Mexico this week. It's going to be, it's a whole new season. It's my first full season with Live.

It's a chance to be lead analyst. It's just, it's so exciting for me. I can't tell you. So you've been a part of the golf sport for decades, right? So this is not new to you. Yeah. So how did you kind of make the transition over to Live? Well, you know, I'd been with CBS for 19 years and with NBC for eight and I'd covered pretty much every event in golf, including the Olympics, you know, the, the Ryder Cup, the President's Cup, all of all four majors. There was, there was nothing left for me to do really, except, you know, this amazing new concept and the opportunity to be a lead analyst, you know, so that's, that's why I made the move.

Yeah. Do you still play golf a lot? And if so, what's your favorite course? You know, I got run over by a truck in 2006. I was right in my, yeah, I was right in my bicycle and I flattened down the left side, broke a bunch of ribs and crushed my arm and punctured along. So I can't close my left hand properly. And I don't play golf anymore. My favorite golf courses are the short flat ones with the rich Carlton at the end. Right.

Right. Yes. And mine are the mini golf courses along the Jersey Shore Boardwalk. That's about as far as I'll go for putt putt. David, thanks for being here this morning. Good luck with the season. The pleasure.

Nice to see you. Thanks. And live golf by the way on the CW begins this Friday streaming on the CW app. Continues live on Saturday and Sunday from 1pm to 6pm right here on Picks 11.



local news, golf, liv golf, david feherty, sports, El Camaleón, El Camaleón Golf Course, cw, pix, pix11, wpix, pix11 morning news

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post