Film critic reviews 'Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania'

Film critic reviews 'Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania'



I don't know about y'all, but I am excited to go lay on my couch, lay in my bed and binge watch some films and TV shows this weekend. But I need a little help finding out what's good and what's not. So I invited film critic Leneeta Cook here to give me all the info I need. Leneeta, thank you so much for being here. Hey Ashley, it's great to see you. Now it's not going to be so much about me laying on my couch because we have Ant-Man out in theaters right now. Tell me what we need to know.

So you are looking for an epic movie night out at the Cineplex. I say stop off and get a barbecue grilled cheese sandwich and then go see Ant-Man. Ooh. The stars beautiful, charming, Paul Rudd, Michelle Pfeiffer, and they brought in new actress for Cassie, Catherine Newton. And you have Ant-Man, he has to go to, well, you know what? I'm going to stop there because I don't want to spoil it. They end up in Quantamania. They end up in Quantamania.

I'll say that. And they are facing playing by amazing show stealing, Jonathan Majors. That's right. Ooh, I love me some Jonathan Majors and he is in a lot of stuff right now. I went to the movie to see Black Panther and every credit that rolled before the show, we saw him. He was in everything. Yes, I feel like he is dominating everywhere you go.

There he is. He is amazing. And I wanted to mention everybody else's name in Ant-Man because he really does steal the show. He brings so much emotional weight to his character that everything else that feels really superhero-y and really epic is kind of beyond him or he's beyond it, honestly. And so what we have here is a movie that is, it's really fun. It's a superhero movie, but it does have some challenges. And a part of the reason it has challenges is because one, we love Kang so much.

But the narrative stakes, the danger, the consequences of the danger are confusing surrounding this character. And so I think you'll enjoy seeing Ant-Man, but you'll leave a little bit confused. Okay, and let's be honest, we just love seeing him on screen. I mean, I just need to know if he needs a wife. Let me tell you, when I saw the trailer and he said you're out of your league, Ant-Man, I almost cried. I said he is freaking out. I was winning performance tour trailer.

Yes. And do you know, can you tell us, can we expect any, you know, surprise, guest features from the Marvel universe? I love a good crossover. And I think Marvel does a really excellent job of giving those to us. That's a great question. I think this one is pretty straightforward. Now, I will say there are some surprises, but not necessarily crossovers within the movie, but you do want to stay for two post-credit scenes. Oh, that is such good information.

You got it right here on Everyday Northwest because sometimes I will, well, I know I will sit in my chair until they come sweeping the popcorn up because I'm like, I will not miss. I refuse to miss an end credit or something that can tell me anything about what's going to happen in the Marvel universe. Cause I will be honest. I've been so sad after, I mean, we got Endgame and then we got Black Panther and the whole Marvel universe is changing. And I feel like they're casting different people and it's kind of hard to let go of the Marvel that we know and love. Cause I feel like it's going to get transformed. I mean, people grow up, people have to evolve.

I'm going to tell you this. I have felt the sadness too, but I will say with Paul Rudd, he brings that charismatic, really cute, see humor. And so that's going to keep you uplifted throughout the movie. But I will say be prepared for some action. There's a great battle scenes and what they set you up for. It seems very exciting. Okay.

Thank you so much. Lameeda, lots of action. No tears. Hopefully. Thank you so much for being here. We really appreciate it.



News

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post