Cramer's Mad Dash: Walmart

Cramer's Mad Dash: Walmart



Let's get down to the New York Stock Exchange. Jim Kramer joins us now. Nice night to have Doug McMillan on. And I mean, Jim, I think that he definitely distinguished Walmart from Home Depot. And the proof was in the pudding yesterday. Walmart closed up. Yeah, well, I mean, Home Depot is uniquely related to housing.

If housing appreciates in value, then Home Depot does much better because you feel like you're capitalizing investment when housing doesn't increase, then you're expensing. And if you expense, obviously, you don't feel that way. Walmart, on the other hand, is just completely about getting prices down. So you see their private label doing so well versus their branded that it forces branded to come down and therefore makes it so the consumer feels better off. So I think they're very different companies now. And Doug McMillan has really spearheaded this notion of getting prices down for the country, maybe more effective than judging what Mr. Bullard said, and anything to feds doing.

Although I did, I've said this a few times, he opened my eyes to the possibility that they're not trying to raise unemployment, that they see the strong labor market as an opportunity to grapple with inflation near term while they can do it, while the sun is shining on the labor market. Do it now. And if they can deal with the inflation, maybe they can get in, get out. Inflation comes back down. Labor markets stay strong and then we're off moving positively again in terms of stimulating the economy. Great call. And I think that one of the things they're really doing is going after people they haven't gone after for.

Gen Z, Gen X, millennials, betting that they, right now, they come in and discover Walmart as a place to be able to save money. Then they don't go back to the other guys. These Walmart's are very, very good in terms of what they're doing to make it so that a person who can't make ends meet or is trying to knows that the place to shop is Walmart. What's your, do you have a range for what S&P earns this year? How wide is that range? What's the high? What's the low? And then I'm just going to do the roll. No, I mean, look, I leave that to the guys who don't want to know about individual companies and just like to go. Yep. Jim.

That's good. That's a separate question. I learned that, I learned that. No, I was ordering business school questions. Jim, olive oil in the coffee. What's your take? We need to have an emulsifier because when I did it myself, Andrew, it didn't really work. There's a secret sauce component that we don't have yet because otherwise I would tell you that maybe it's a little healthier but doesn't taste that good.

Look, Howard obviously has something. He wouldn't just declare this to be his next, oh, let's say the next iteration of Howard Schultz. But I don't know. I mean, probably tastes better cold. The espresso martini sounds really good. But I look, I'm never going to doubt that guy. I mean, after what he's built, I like it.

Right? You can't, you've got to try. I don't know if I get something with golden foam on and I'm sending it back typically, but I will try this. I will try this. Thanks, Jim. Thank you guys. All right, we'll see you in a couple of minutes. We'll see you in a couple of minutes.



Squawk Box U.S., CNBC, business news, finance stock, stock market, news channel, news station, breaking news, us news, world news, cable, cable news, finance news, money, money tips, financial news, stock market news, stocks

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post