Wrestlemania 40 Tickets on Sale Tomorrow

Feature Image

Summary:



Tickets for this year's big event, WrestleMania 40, go on sale tomorrow, and it's being held just a few hours away in Philadelphia.


Welcome back to Great Day at 9A. WrestleMania is one of the biggest events of the world, the professional wrestling and Connecticut-based WWE. Thanks for the sound effects. You can get there. Tickets could make for a good gift or keep them for yourself. This morning, Mike the Miz, Xanad is here live to tell us what to expect.

Good morning, Mike. How you doing? Good morning. Expect the unexpected. WrestleMania April 6th and 7th, Lincoln Financial Field. Saturday and Sunday, WrestleMania is so big, you can't just have one night, you gotta have two. It is going to be absolutely awesome. First of all, I want to say your daughter, Monroe Skye, she shares her birthday with me, March 27th.

That's so awesome. It's a solid birthday, and it's a WrestleMania birthday. Every time I'm like, when Maurice was pregnant with Monroe, I was like, oh man, WrestleMania's coming up. Can we do it a week before? And you really can't tell when the baby's going to come. Doesn't want to work that way. We got to do this the week before or two weeks before, but she's a WrestleMania baby, so every WrestleMania, we're always celebrating her birthday, which is amazing. That's so cool.

That's awesome. And Mike, take us back to 2001, when you were a participant on The Real World. What was that like looking back at how your career started and then where you've landed now, literally and physically? It's crazy to think, I mean, never in my wildest dreams, growing up in Parma, Ohio, did I ever think I could be a WWE superstar. All the superstars when I was growing up were 6'8", 300 pounds of pure solid muscle. I'm standing there in high school like a buck 20 soaking wet. There's no way I could be a WWE superstar. But once I got on The Real World, back to New York, season 10 in 2001, I was like, man, maybe I can do this.

Maybe I can do anything I put my mind to. And so I moved to Los Angeles, learned the art of professional wrestling, acting school, improv school, all while doing all the challenges that MTV has made so famous, even up to this day. And, you know, trying to get my bearings correct, cutting promos as the Miz, and finally found my footing in the WWE and have been there almost 20 years now. Wow. And I always tell people, find something that you love, something that you're passionate about, and do everything you possibly can to succeed at it. Find all the tools that you can gather to succeed at. And that's exactly what I've been doing, even to this day.

Even I still push myself to be the best I possibly can, because when we are there in Philadelphia, I want those fans to take away a moment that's going to last a lifetime. I want to put smiles on faces, even though I am, quote, unquote, the bad guy. Exactly, right? High school captain of the basketball team, cross-country teams, participated in swimming. Did you wrestle at all in high school? Or no? No. No. Believe it or not. No, I did not.

I didn't want to have to cut weight. Every time I would see the wrestlers at Normandy High School, they would be cutting weight, sweating, running. And I'm like, I don't want to do that. But absolutely not. But I played every other sport there is, and was pretty good at every other sport there is. And I just enjoyed baseball. Basketball was the same season as wrestling, and I was pretty good at basketball.

I mean, I was on varsity myself for a year, so it was great. And Nicole and I, we have to ask, the finisher is a full Nelson face buster, dubbed the Skull Crushing Finale. Is that right? That is absolutely correct. Once you hit the mat, once your skull hits the mat, it's very crushing. It's the last thing you'll see, so it's the Skull Crushing Finale. And it will be hit by some unfortunate person in Philadelphia, either night one or night two. Or who knows, maybe both nights.

Because this year I had matches both nights. Actually, last year at SoFi Stadium, I had a match with Pat McAfee, as well as George Kittle got involved. So who's to say that in Philadelphia, that you got Jason Kelsey or Jaylen Hertz, or Devonta Smith or AJ Brown, any one of them, I'll take them all down. I don't care, I'll take out the whole offensive line. I'll be like the Patrick Mahomes of Philadelphia. You are the goat. They're crimped tonight.

Mike, you are the goat, and we love you. We can't thank you enough for being with us. We appreciate your time. Thank you very much. Thank you very much. Yeah, you go, Mike. Thanks, Mike.

Great talking with you. Oh, my God. Tickets are available, of course. WrestleMania 40, Friday, August 18th, Stanford, Connecticut. The tickets are available. It's going to be in Philadelphia. So we want to make sure that you know that you're going to be traveling a couple of hours to get there.

But again, they go on sale tomorrow. Yeah, Stanford is the home, though, of WWE. So we have bragging rights here in Connecticut. Okay.


Stanford is the home, though, of WWE. So we have bragging rights here in Connecticut. Okay.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post