Presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy campaigns in Iowa following GOP debate

Feature Image

Summary:

  • Presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy continues campaigning in Iowa after the GOP debate.
  • Ramaswamy visited multiple locations, including Indianola, Pella, and Newton, with plans for an Iowa GOP summer event in Clive.
  • During his campaign, Ramaswamy addressed unity, public versus private opinions, and his focus on reclaiming government control.
  • Supporters at the event expressed their admiration for DeSantis and Ramaswamy's fresh perspective.
  • The article highlights voter opinions on supporting Trump as the nominee.


Well, that hasn't slowed down his campaigning today. Rama Swami made stops in Indianola, Pella and Newton. Before this evening's Iowa GOP summer sizzle event in Clive, WHO 13s Roger Riley was following the candidate today. Roger joins us live from Newton.


Yeah, hi Aaron, you know I was able to be at two of those stops at Pella and then here at the pizza ranch in Newton where inside it's wall to wall people and media. But earlier I caught up with him in Pella. But I think if you talk to neighbors, your classmates, your colleagues, we're not nearly as divided as were thought to be.

So why? Why is it that we believe this? It's because there's a gap. Between what people are willing to say in public. And what they're willing to say in private. Now, Ramna Swami started his meeting with prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance. He focused on getting control of the government back from what he calls the deep state and said he would fire the Department of Education. Earlier I spoke with some of those who turned out to hear him. One, a DeSantis supporter has still not changed her mind.

Oh, it didn't change me at all. I like DeSantis because he has already done some great things. And I believe he's a man who will stand on principle. He will do what's right. Well, I thought that he that he did a wonderful job and I think we need new. I think we need new blood and I was just I was just amazed by the book. So he's got a lot of good things to say.

I think people really need to to hear him out. And of those voters I spoke with, two said that if Trump's the nominee, they will vote for him. One said he would decline to vote for Trump if he is the nominee. So well, coming up at five, we're going to bring you some of what's going on here at the pizza ranch and then he's got more on his tour yet. And as you mentioned in Clive tonight, so a busy day for this candidate on the road in Iowa. Yeah, it's a busy place to be. Thanks, Roger.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post