YouTuber whose plane crashed agrees to plead guilty to staging incident

YouTuber whose plane crashed agrees to plead guilty to staging incident



It was a sensational moment. A propeller stops in midair. Holy f***. Then this awkward dive out. Then a plane crash suspiciously caught on camera from several angles. This crash was apparently no accident. According to federal authorities, the pilot 29-year-old Trevor Daniel Jacob has agreed to plead guilty to a felony charge.

They say he staged the whole thing for the sake of making a YouTube video that's racked up more than 3 million views. I guess I should probably document what's going on. I cut my finger pretty bad. Got my elbow. I'm just so happy to be alive. But even shortly after he posted the video back in 2021, some online started pointing out a few things that seemed amiss. First, in the YouTube video, he never appears to call for help.

Second, it shows his door was already open before the engine stopped. And third, it seems like Jacob was wearing a parachute and grabbed his selfie stick. On the ground. I see it down there. Thank you, God. Thank you, Universe. Thank you, higher power for watching over me.

Investigators say he also lied to them about not knowing where the plane crashed and went back again later to get rid of the wreckage. The U.S. attorney say he was all motivated by a sponsorship deal to promote a company's wallet. I'm in pain, man. I'm hurting. Whatever I'm going through, I wish upon nobody.

Now, a lawyer for Jacob tells us he is, quote, taking full responsibility for his mistake and judgment and hopes to move past it. But the charge he faces carries a potential sentence of up to 20 years in federal prison.



Health, International News, Lester Holt, Making A Difference, NBC Nightly News, National News, News, Nightly News, U.S. News, breaking news, evening news, politics, world news

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post