Phoenix begins clearing 'The Zone' block by block

Phoenix begins clearing 'The Zone' block by block



This block of 9th Avenue, the beginning of a court mandated zone cleanup. I was I was here when they started like by 30. Timothy Olney says he's lived here for 17 months. His space now bulldozed away. What are the emotions that you feel when you see all this when you see this cleanup happening? Oh, infuriation obviously. I mean it's natural. A few blocks away people understand the cleaning crews will eventually come for their spaces.

I don't know really why I'm on go. You know me hard. I figure out what the time will do. Yeah, but no, no, man. Yeah, I figure it out. Mary Lou Martinez and Trisha Kelly welcomed us into their home Wednesday. They say life on the street is comfortable because people here don't judge them the way they say some observers do.

Big wrap out here taking pictures and video and big look at this and start treating this like disgrace. The city hasn't said which block they plan to clean next. For those living here, there's a sense of unknown, a familiar feeling that comes with the territory. It's not like I had planned for us. What right now is all we got. Timothy has three dogs. Come on.

Man. Man. Man. Motivation for him, but he worries his struggles reading will prevent him from finding work. This is a little work. I do whatever I do to pick up the trees.



abc15, arizona, phoenix, the zone

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post