Maurice Jones-Drew: Jimmy G Is Better Option for Raiders Than Aaron Rodgers | The Rich Eisen Show

Maurice Jones-Drew: Jimmy G Is Better Option for Raiders Than Aaron Rodgers | The Rich Eisen Show



Why aren't the Raiders all over Aaron Rodgers? Why aren't they? Why wouldn't they be? It just, it makes so much sense, don't you think? I mean, you want to get back to your, you're seeing the division one by the same team every year and they just won the Super Bowl and they got my homes. You got the Chargers, they're got, they're a Herbert quarterback team. Ross has got his guy and Sean Payton. You're a host in the Super Bowl. You've got Devontae Adams. Go get Aaron Rodgers. I just don't, when you look at the Raiders and you look at kind of how they're piecing this organization up, it seems like it's New England West, right? They're going to get guys that they're comfortable with, guys that they know.

To me, you're looking more at a Jimmy Garoppolo type situation there. I'm just telling you, because yeah, they went and got Devontae and that was amazing. That was a car kind of push situation. I think they both wanted to make it work and it was working. Yeah, so get the guy who's played with them between college and now. You would think so. Get the guy who showed you how dynamic it is, like literally the best quarterback, wide receiver combination of the last five years.

Do they have the money to take them? Do they have the money to handle it? How much was car? Car was, car was cheap. Yeah, I think it might have been like 30 or 40. Car wasn't cheap. Rodgers is what, like 60 this year? I'm not saying it's plug and play here, but let's go. I listen, I would, I would love as a, as a, as a Raiders friend grew up, I would love for Aaron Rodgers to be there. I just think it makes sense. It makes sense.

But I think if you really look at it, Jimmy Garoppolo makes more sense of what they want to do with what they want. But I don't understand sometimes how we're you, you, you, I'm going to call you out. I'm sorry, I don't mean to point. You might, my wife always says, don't point at people. So you just spent the last 15 minutes saying, damn the torpedoes, you got Lamar Jackson. It's the now, you went now. That's what I'm going to do when, when I said to you, if an owner signs Lamar to that big contract and they look at you at the next owner's meeting and say, what gives? You say, I'm trying to win.

Right. So, and I know that the, the, you're not talking about how, you know, how we're winning. You're just talking about where we're winning. Right. But that doesn't apply to McDaniels. And I understand it's his, it's his gig. It's his job.

It's his, it's his situation. He's got his handpicked guy shopping for the groceries. And Roger's sitting right there. You know, like if you're Mark Davis, you don't sit, you don't sit there and call him in and just say, explain to me one more time why this is the way we're doing it. I would, if I was the owner of the Raiders. I thought that they shouldn't have released car, to be honest with you. I, to me, you can win with car and, and win at a high level with him.

He's been to the playoffs. He took the radar, so the playoffs one year got hurt. They were last year. Car was lucky to get back on the plane from Pittsburgh. I remember that was, it wasn't, it wasn't the best. That's, I mean that, they might have leaned Kiffin Tim on the tarmac upon back in McCarran airport. It wasn't good, but.

Or whatever it's called now. But no, to me, it's, it's okay. If you're cutting car for cost, right? Which is they're saying we're cutting them because, you know, the money and which is fine. Then you have to then justify why you're getting Aaron Rogers. Cause he's Aaron Rogers. And he's available. I understand that.

In the same way that it was. Is he available though? Well, we just didn't. Cause that doesn't quite, is he available? Because. You could, you could take him to dinner if you want. If you're Mark Davis, if you're Mark Davis, you can take him to dinner. Obviously he's open for. I think he's just open to the Jets.

I don't think it's everyone. Why wouldn't he be open to Las Vegas, Nevada? I don't know. And play with Devonte Adams again. Why wouldn't you want to do that? I mean, you'd have Devonte Adams. He heard all the fans when he's walking around the pro ham there up in Pebbles saying, come, he knows the fans are in on him. I don't, I don't, I don't know. I just, it just seems weird to me that the Jets were the only team that kind of went after it and were, and they were granted that opportunity because the Packers still have to say, okay, you can, we're willing to deal him to you.

Right. Cheaper in terms of draft compensation. The Lamar, that's for sure. Yeah. But the thing with Lamar is he's 26. So I have a, all right. So I can get 10 years out of Lamar.

So you could draft your next guy, seventh overall. Right. And have him grow with Rogers while Aaron lives out his football days as a raider. Yeah. That's what I'm saying. No, but he doesn't run the system. Jimmy G fits.

Really? We're going to go there. That's what that's what we're going. We're going there. That's what I'm hearing. And McDaniels and in Patriots West, we trust. That's what I'm hearing. I'm hearing.

I'm hearing the same thing, by the way. That's right. That's why it's like, it's, it's, I would love to have Aaron Rogers, but when you hear the rumors and the different things that we heard at the combine and, you know, throughout the list, just like Jimmy Garoppolo is a great fit for them. Like that's who they want. They will, they want Jimmy's cheaper than, than car probably and Rogers. I'm sure. And they feel like they could build a better team around him.

I wouldn't at the end of the day, I'll be honest with you. I, there's two parts of me that say you draft a quarterback every four years and you then trade the one you get because it's cheaper that way. Yeah, sure. But then the problem is you may draft the wrong guy, which we've seen happen multiple times. And if you draft the wrong guy, we're all out of this thing. That's why the Jets are in on Aaron Rogers right now. Exactly right.

Why you, you have to be careful in that draft process of, oh, we'll just draft and sit a guy because we don't even know what Jordan Love is for the Packers. That's why the Packers are still sitting there waiting on Aaron Rogers. I think we know what Jordan Love is. Do we? Yes. He's the next first ballot hall of fame quarterback at the Green Bay Packers. Yes. That's the way where it goes.

And I know my tongues firmly planted in cheek, but you saw a couple of times, man. I know it was garbage time to use the Marv Albert phrase. But you could see he could spin it. And if you're Green Bay, you also want him to grow old with these young guys that you've drafted. Like it kind of makes sense right now for them the part ways. I just don't understand why the Raiders are not tripping all over themselves to take Aaron Rogers to dinner. And if your answer to that question is it's just not the way Josh McDaniels likes to do things.

It is something that I have to sit here and question. Are they close though? Do you think the Raiders are close to what? To winning a championship. Closer any. I think the Jets are closer. I think the Jets are closer. The Jets haven't made the playoffs in my son's lifetime. And they haven't.

They haven't. They haven't. They haven't. Seriously. And the Raiders made it with Carr, you know, with the Mayock draft a team two years ago and gave Borough a scare at home. But they don't have a top defense like the Jets do. Right.

They have players. They just doesn't work. So you're saying it's a better choice to go to New York for Rogers. Yeah. Because if you're going to win now, you're going to need the team around you. Aaron Rogers won with the top five defense. Yes.

Right. So you're going to need a team there to be around. And I think there's a better team right now in place in New York than there is in Oh, and Rogers would know it because that defense put the bang thing on him last year. Yeah. And they're only going to get there a year better. Catch the rich eyes and show every single day on the Roku channel 12 to three Eastern for free.



Rich Eisen, Rich Eisen Show, sports, NFL, football, Roku, NFL Network, Chris Brockman, NFL Draft, Maurice Jones, Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers, New York Jets, 49ers, Niners, darkness retreat, Rodgers retirement, ayahuasca, new orleans saints, derek carr, Jimmy Garoppolo, Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens, John Harbaugh, OBJ, Odell Beckham Jr, Russell Wilson, Denver Broncos, Eric Bieniemy, Commanders, Chiefs, Mahomes, Daniel Jones, New York Giants, Raiders, Josh McDaniel

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post