Ricky Stenhouse Jr. talks Daytona 500 win l GMA

Ricky Stenhouse Jr. talks Daytona 500 win l GMA



back now at our play of the day and whoop there it is. You're watching the wedding moment of the 2023 day 20500 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and car number 47 takes the checkered flag winning the 65th running of the great American race. We are thrilled that Ricky Stenhouse Jr. is joining us now. Ricky, good morning to you. Congratulations.

I got to ask, has it set in yet? How are you feeling this morning? Good morning. It is it is set in. My guys came over to my bus last night and we hung out for a while and I think we went to bed about four o'clock so little sleep. But you know, that's part of winning the day tone of 500. We're back in Victory Lane. Got got a crisp Florida morning here, but we're ready for the day. I tell you what, if you'd have said, yeah, we went back.

I went to sleep. I would be really disappointed. You should party. You deserve it, man. I figured you would. But what a great race. What a great race.

I mean, this is the longest day tone of 500 in history. Had a little bit of everything. I mean, you won in double overtime. It had, you know, multiple crashes, costs and flags. But what was your secret to winning your first ever day tone of 500? We started 31st, so we started pretty far back in the field and we were out the whole race and we came overcame with some adversity. Speeding on pit road, but, um, you know, we missed some wrecks at the same time. And so I felt like we were just in the right place at the right times.

And then, like you said, it was double overtime. We found ourselves towards the front. And then the last restart, we found ourselves in the lead. We had just enough fuel to make it all the way around. I got to do some drafting with the team. I got to do some drafting with the team. I got to do some drafting with the team.

I got to hold on and block everybody I could, you know, coming back around for the checkered flag and, um, the caution came out. We were leading the race was over and then I didn't even get to do a burnout ran out of gas. You ran out too much. You ran out of gas. You to the end to run out of gas, not to do the burnout. But you going to run out of gas. You know that you've won like the great American race.

Like you said, it's the great American race and, you know, holding off a cup champion, a Daytona 500 winner like Joey Logano is huge for our team. We're a single car team, but we got a lot of great partners behind us with this team. Kroger, Cotton, El Camaro on on, you know, it's cool to push it in here in Victory Lane and the best race car drivers in the world. And I felt really good to snap that winless streak. It had been a while. I was back in this Victory Lane back in 2017 was my last win here. So to get that one, that winless streak reset, we're looking forward to adding more.

Well, we want to say congratulations to you again. And also, as you said, to your team, they put a little note in your helmet in your car that said we believe today and their belief came true. Congratulations to you Daytona 500 winner, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Thank you for joining us, man. Thank you, Michael. Well, hey there, GMA fans. Robin Roberts here.

Thanks for checking out our YouTube channel. Lots of great stuff here. So go on, click the subscribe button right over right over here to get more of awesome videos and content from GMA every day, anytime. We thank you for watching and we'll see you in the morning on GMA.



500, Nascar, Stenhouse, abc, car, daytona, gma, logano, news, p_cmsid=2494279, p_vid=news-97329317, race, racecar

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post