Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene shouts 'Liar!' during Biden's State of the Union address

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene shouts 'Liar!' during Biden's State of the Union address



If we could work together the last Congress is no reason we can't work together and find consensus on important things in this Congress as well. The language of bipartisan shipping spoke in this week on Capitol Hill as President Biden delivered his latest state of the union message. He also pitched his agenda to the nation previewing a potential 2024 reelection bid. However, during this speech, one member of Georgia's congressional delegation voiced her approval. I'll give you a copy. I'm glad to see you. No, I tell you.

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene doing a little yelling at the president throughout the speech when the president brought up proposed cuts to Medicare and Social Security and she called the president a liar. She wasn't the only Republican lawmaker who was shouting at the president despite efforts from House Speaker Kevin McCarthy to quiet his fellow Republicans during our weekly conversations with NBC's Chuck Todd and Meet the Press. He admitted that this kind of behavior is becoming the norm when he talked with Jennifer Bellamy. The number of people anecdotally that I dealt with this week who aren't sort of Washington types who are like, what was that? That was rude. I didn't like it. I heard a lot more. So I, you know, as much as I was sort of like, huh, I shrugged my shoulders and and it certainly seemed as if even the president did realizing that this is just a fact of life now.

Social media in general, I think, has made people coarser in public. And so why shouldn't it make members of Congress coarser when they're in public? Right? Yeah, I think it is sort of a societal shift.



politics, local, nation-world, national-politics, news

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post