Florida bill would make it illegal for dogs to stick their heads out car windows

Florida bill would make it illegal for dogs to stick their heads out car windows



Finally, dog owners. Do you want your pups put their heads out the window? Yeah, car at such a cute moment. We all know that they love to get those smells, but soon this could be illegal in Florida. It's part of an animal welfare bill, making its way through the state Senate. Experts say the safety of the act is debatable, but bill sponsors say if a window is open enough for a dog to stick its head out, they could potentially jump out. And also it could allow for dogs to get foreign objects in their eyes. I get that.

I get all of it. I mean, the joy that they get from feeling it through their hair. Like I've actually put my head out the window to see why is this so amazing. You can empathize with them. Exactly. But I get it. And I'm going to share something that's really scary that happened.

So they're automatically, their heads go out the window, my two pups, and there's an automatic window closing on Mark's car. And it was going up at the same time. Thankfully Lady Bird is okay, Lady Bird, I'm sorry if you're watching. Grandma is so bad. I know. But so I get it. I get it.

If you don't even have the dog anywhere near the window, then accidents like that can happen too. I thought they had, it was like a motion sickness thing with dogs that that's why they even stick their head out. Is that right? That makes sense. That's what I was under the impression that them sticking their head out of the window was a way for them to be calm and then also to deal with motion sickness, which is something that they also deal with. So, or maybe I just made that up. That's a possibility as well. My dearly departed son, Brownie, rest in peace.

When we would go on road trips, he would always just stare at the floor of the car the whole time. I'm talking eight hours in the car. Probably just sorry engine. I don't know, I will say these animals spend some of their lives caged. No risk, no reward. Let them stick their head out. Let them feel the air.



animals, get-up-dc, life

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post