CO: Lawsuit filed after man shot in middle school pickup line

CO: Lawsuit filed after man shot in middle school pickup line



It still doesn't feel real. A year has done little to lessen this family's pain and it's just shattered this whole family pain caused in a matter of moments last February while Christie Ward stamp was sitting in an SUV with her 32 year old son waiting for Richard Ward's brother to get out of school in Pueblo West Richard got restless and got out to take a walk. He accidentally opened the door to a different but very similar looking white SUV Richard apologized he was startled and immediately got out deputies responded. I touched my arm brother. I go. Why are you acting like this? I'm a little nervous because I don't like cops. Why? I have a anxiety.

They've done things to me. What have they done to you? I mean, stop resisting when you're not resisting when Richard put that anti anxiety pill in his mouth. Deputy McWhorter went crazy. Would you just stick in your mouth? Yeah, it's a pill. Let it go. Get up, get up. 20 seconds later, Richard was dead.

It's been really, really, really horrible. I just I don't even know who I am anymore. You know, but I'm working on it. That's about it. His mother and brother were in Denver on Tuesday as their attorneys filed suit against the Pueblo County Sheriff. There's not a day that goes by that. I don't think about how.

I'll never get to. Have another phone conversation with my brother there upset. It's infuriating upset at what this video shows video that doesn't match with the sheriff reports on the scene that day until our deputies arrived at that point, the the person jumped out of the vehicle and had immediate contact with our deputies to hear my my younger brother, you know, say that other people's parents are reading that story and that other kids in his class are referring to my brother is this intruder and an attacker and and. Have him not know how to even deal with that. I want justice and accountability for the people involved.



wral, wral tv

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post