Ann Arbor community fights back against utility company after ice storm

Ann Arbor community fights back against utility company after ice storm



and the city's community is trying to fight back against the utility company. This is what many people in Ann Arbor woke up to this morning, and if it's not their car that's damaged, they have to drive around all this mess, and the concern is it might get worse. Massive tree limbs continue to snap into pieces on roadways and onto cars. I was parking right here, so it missed me by about two feet. And I'm not sure if it was a car or a car, but I think it was a car. I don't know if it was a car, but it was a car. I don't know if it missed me by about two feet.

Then there's power outages and falling ice. It's terrifying. Honestly, I had my like hat on earlier to try to make sure no ice fell on me or anything like that. It's certainly a mess out there right now. Last night wasn't any better, especially for Greg Woodring. I heard a large sound. Several of my lights went out.

He's been in the car for a while. He's been in the car for a while, and he's been in the utility service as a general rule. They're more reliable. They're cheaper and they allow us to choose where our power comes from communities like Traverse City, Chelsea and Lansing already have one. Greg took a closer look at the outages in Lansing where they had a very similar storm. Many of the people outside of Lansing faced outages and consumers territory. There was a recent article that said that the storm was a major issue.

And it's a major issue. I mean, the difference is really clear. Power companies don't control mother nature. Greg believes it's not a reason for people to have to sit in the dark when you invest in your infrastructure. It holds up to storms like this. Better Meanwhile, D T energy announced this month that customers experienced 21% fewer power interruptions in 2022. Then in 2020, the city of Ann Arbor announced that the storm will be a major issue.

This year, Washtenaw County saw 69% reliability improvements on the circuits that were worked on in Ann Arbor, Megan Woods, local four. And we've reported on this issue before the city of Ann Arbor is waiting still on the results from a study before deciding if they want to move forward in creating their.



Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post