A look at the incredible career of Sally Field

A look at the incredible career of Sally Field



Fresh out of high school with little more on her resume than drama club and cheerleader Sally field without an agent Landed the role of Gidget a swimsuit sitcom soon thereafter came the flying nun Sister betrayal was a hit but field wanted more than laugh tracks and happy endings She enrolled in the demanding actor studio to learn her craft. I'm an actor studio, baby And you you bring your own existence somehow into the character you find a way of shades of yourself And so all of the things I've played have pieces of me of of my life and my Experience her breakthrough role relied on all those pieces a made for TV movie Sybil where she played a woman with multiple personality disorder opposite Academy Award winner Joanne Woodward. What's the matter sweetie? It was my idea. She stole it. I wanted to sing Easter ball and really really bad Accolades poured in and Sally field won the Emmy there came more TV more movies including Smokey and the Bandit with Burt Reynolds Their relationship as exciting as it was fraught still not an A-lister field audition for the part as a union organizer in a textile mill The studio did not water but director Martin Ritt insisted she would earn Academy Award number one for best actress In her memoir in pieces field said this about Norma Ray when she found her voice I felt freed when she found her voice. I heard mine By standing enormous shoes. I felt my own feet If I could play her I could be me in 1984 field won her second Academy Award for her leading role in Robert Benton's places in the heart She dazzled in steel magnolias and won our hearts in Forrest Gump.

I was a box of chocolates forest And I don't know what you're gonna get and Mrs. Doubtfire the whole time you would the whole time She earned praise and awards for the TV series brothers and sisters and most recently Start with Jane Fonda Rita Moreno and Lily Toblin in 80 for Brady Sally You're gonna get a lifetime achievement award from the screen actors. Yes. Oh Yeah, how did you not tell us? What was I gonna say? Yeah? Oh great and deserve. Oh, yeah I didn't want anybody to know Harry gosh darn it. Sorry. Okay, Sally Field is that actress whose courage Determination and vulnerability have convinced us time and again that she was that person on the screen Why do you think it is that it has transcended all these generations and even now we can't wait to see the movie you up coming out I have no idea.

I know I mean most of my life. I don't even feel that that's so so I don't know I Know you have a long-term career You just have to really care about what you do. You know because you have to dig in or drop out And so I good. I've just dug in For sure. She tells the story in the book early on of the career on sister betrayal She gets a movie role and she's in a conestoga way and going across the Oregon Plains And she's supposed to hear Mark and be crying when she hits her mark. They did it three times. She couldn't cry She said I have to learn this craft That's how she ends up at the actor studio and one of the favorites of the legendary Lee Strasberg She certainly learned it.

Yeah, right. Oh my gosh and Jacob's still talking about their hugs Yeah, I forgot Harry. Thank you so much Hey, thanks for watching. Don't miss the today show every weekday at 11 a.m. Eastern 8 Pacific on our streaming channel today all day To watch head to today.com slash all day or click the link right here.



Al Roker, Entertainment, Food, Hoda Kotb, International News, Money, Natalie Morales, Savannah Gutherie, Sports, Style, Today, Today Show, breaking news, concerts, domestic news, health, home, interviews, media, parents, pets, politics, shopping, weather

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post