Auburn's Freeze Names Michigan State Transfer Payton Thorne Starting QB

Feature Image

Summary:

  • Peyton Thorn, the former quarterback of Michigan State, has been named the starting QB for Auburn by head coach Hugh Fries.
  • Thorn transferred to Auburn in May after the MSU spring ball and managed to secure the starting position.
  • Auburn's head coach Fries relied on his intuition in choosing Thorn and expressed confidence in his decision.
  • Thorn's track record includes 49 touchdowns and 24 interceptions during his time at Michigan State.


Michigan State has yet to name its starting quarterback in 2023, but the guy who held the job for the last three seasons, Peyton Thorn, is now QB1 in SEC country. Auburn head coach Hugh Fries announced today the former MSU quarterback will be his starter.


It has been a three-way race for the position. Thorn has only been at Auburn since May after transferring following MSU spring ball, but he has done enough to solidify himself as the guy. There are days that there's been very little separation. I just believe, man, my gut is usually right, and usually when I follow my gut, and I'm not saying my gut is right, that Peyton is the guy for all 12 games, but my gut is saying it's the time to do this. Thorn threw 49 touchdowns to just 24 interceptions for the green and white.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post