Iconic stars of 'Book Club' talk off-camera friendship

Iconic stars of 'Book Club' talk off-camera friendship



the first time five years ago. Jane Fonda. I'm still handing these out. Jane Fonda, Candice Bergen and Mary Steenburgen starred in the 2018 film Book Club playing friends who made some life changes after reading the steamy novel Fifty Shades of Grey. Well, now in the sequel Book Club, the next chapter, the book club is going to be a new chapter in the book club. It's going to be a new chapter in the book club. In the next chapter, they are back for another unforgettable journey.

I love it. This time they head to Italy for a Bachelorette trip. But chaos follows, including a misunderstanding with the Italian police. Good evening, ma'am. Good evening, ma'am. Good evening, ma'am. You're here.

Are you having fun? No. We just. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Italian? No. I can't believe you guys. I can't believe you guys.

What happens to drive by? Oh, okay. Let's go take your shirt off. Oh, no, no, no, no, no. You want to start with the pants? No, no, no, no. Oh, oh, oh. You don't understand. Oh, actually, you want me to help you? No.

Oh, this is so good, Jane. Jane Kiddison Mary, good morning. Good morning. I love it. I love it so much. First of all, cheers. Cheers.

Cheers. You're right. Your sister in friendship just gives us life. I'm surprised. It's hilarious. It's spicy, if I can say. Was it as much fun to do this as it was for us to just watch it and giggle? More.

More? Yeah, I'm sure. In what way? In what way? Oh, well, we drank a lot and ate a lot and sang a lot. Yes. Yeah. I mean, we were in Italy for two and a half months. That's pretty nice. Pretty good.

Pretty good. Finishing in Venice. Oh, yeah. So. Right? I mean, Candice, those pictures that you posted, the behind-the-scenes pictures on Instagram, I mean, it certainly made it look like some ladies were living their best lives. I don't know what. I don't know what.

Oh, yeah. Wait, no. You have a choice. You're walking these back. You're taking a post-it class together. That's so funny. You take these? We did take a post-it class, but she would not remember any of it.

She drank about six of these. Tetta and I are diligently learning how to make post-its. She learned nothing. Tell us about the apparel spritz. Why do we like. Well, this is a lovely drink. It's a great drink.

It's a great drink. It's a great drink. It's a great drink. It's a great drink. Well, this is a lovely drink to have. It is very. .

starting at eight in the morning. And it's a very light drink, but it does the trick. Ah, it is. Before you know it. This is my first one. I've never had one. I have never had one.

And she. I blame her. She. For everything. But she. She. On the first night, said, You have to have one.

And then I had to have one every night. Every night. So, Mary, in fact, you mentioned Ted making pasta. You, in fact, obviously, wrangled him to make a little cameo in the movie. He is. I don't know if anyone will spot him because he has a beard. Okay.

He's carrying a dog. It's in the beginning part of the film. And he was everybody's plus one. He just had the best time there. He's the best, the best guy. I love that. And since we grabbed so much from your Instagram, Jane, we also saw a picture where the production assistants from the movie made a T-shirt with your mug.

Your famous mugshot on the front of it. Oh, you got that picture. Yeah. I was so touched. We know activism has always been, you know, in your heart, a lot with climate change. Where do you think we're at now? Do you think things are kind of going in the right direction? Well, everything is going in the right direction except that the politicians who take too much money from the fossil fuel industry, and they're not doing what they need to do. But people are moving in the right direction.

The majority of Americans are concerned. Young people are fighting. And, yeah, they're not fighting. And they're not fighting. And they're not fighting. And they're not fighting. And they're not fighting.

And they're not fighting. And they're not fighting. And, yeah, I'm hopeful about the public's part. We just have to get the political will to make it happen. Which means that when we vote, we have to vote with climate in our heart and be sure that the people we're voting for don't take money from fossil fuel industries. You know, this platform is so special and important. And, you know, it's interesting to me, and I'll tell you guys at home behind the scenes, when you guys walked into the studio, it is so fun to watch how we all react with you guys.

I mean, for us, you guys are just walking royalty. Icons. The icons. The icons, you know, if you will. Thank you. And I also think it's important because I don't know if you saw the top of the show. I was showing I had brunch with my girlfriends.

We were just talking about how our hope, our prayer is that as we get older, we can still keep it. Of course you can keep it. And this is proof. Yeah. But I think part of this secret is really making sure that you treasure your friends and that you're intentional with your friends. And we're like that when we're not on camera. It's been one of the gifts of the last, this last five or six years for me is my friendships with all three of them.

We don't have Diane here right now, but herself included. By the way, before we were out of time, I don't think a lot of folks watching and listening know how prolific of a songwriter Mary Stingford said, I had no idea until I sat down. How many songs? Oh, I have no clue. It would be, well, hundreds for sure. Hundreds? You started writing them at? At age 56. I love that. That's fantastic.

You wrote the closing song and we all sing it. Oh, that's cool. Oh, I love that. Will there be another chapter? Maybe. Yes. She decides where we go. She decides where you go.

And decides where you go. And the latest thought is? Burning Man. Yes! I would pay good money for Burning Man. You can handle that. Thank you, Candice Mary. Thank you guys so much. Thank you.

Thank you. Thank you. Again, you can catch Book Club. The next chapter, it is out this Friday. That's right. But don't go away. Mother's Day.

Yes, Mother's Day. Yes. Bring your mother. Hey, thanks for watching. Don't miss the Today Show every weekday at 11 a.m. Eastern, 8 Pacific on our streaming channel today all day.

To watch, head to today.com slash all day. Or click the link right here.



Interview, NBC News, News, Today, Today Show, current events, newscast, politics

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post