WINNERS & LOSERS From Day 3 At The 2023 NFL Combine [QBs, WRs, & TEs] I CBS Sports

WINNERS & LOSERS From Day 3 At The 2023 NFL Combine [QBs, WRs, & TEs] I CBS Sports



Let's go ahead and bring in John Berger. There he is. College football. See if you say well, Leviss, something about mail. Put the mail in that joke. He eats mail. Give it to us.

Will Leviss. He eats mail. Absolutely. He does on fire, man. Good to see you. This is important. Absolutely get to see you, man.

Let's start at the top with Bryce Young there. You look at him 510 and 1 1 820 four pounds. Very important with the size of the water. How much did he sort of calm the waters out there with his size, hand size and everything else with those measureables for the former husband trope at Alabama. Yeah Larry, I need some help. Did Bryce Young shrink in the last I don't know six months? I don't know how about last year in the last two years? How about the last three years that he get smaller? This is an example like a lot of weird things happen around the field. You know, if you're GM durability is one of those things you want in a quarterback and you want a guy to be able to last 5 or 10 years in the league and you do take big shots.

But this whole thing about, you know, walking up to the draft in the combine and everybody's questioning size. I just think it's absurd, Larry. I mean, this guy can play football. This is just background noise to me and I think from an NFL franchise perspective. Look, you're either in whatever he weighed today is not going to make a difference in that. And I'll ask you a question, Larry. Like, can you imagine a draft crew from a franchise sitting in that room with the clock ticking and you're got a chance to get Bryce Young.

Do you think somebody's going to stand up in the room and go, you know what guys? I could take him at 204 at number one or in the first round, but I can't do it at 190 pounds. I mean, it's absurd. It's silly. So I just think it's a lot of things. I mean, he's got everything that he's earned. He's got 35 meaningful stats or starts behind his belt. And the other thing, Larry, that a lot of people don't talk about.

He's one of these quarterbacks and he's pretty unique in his skill set. I mean, he can hit the perimeter play out of the gun, but he's one of these guys that can come in on a Sunday, Larry, sit down with the coaches and by the time he leaves at midnight, he's got the entire game plan in his head for the next couple of weeks. He's got a high football IQ. I just think this whole thing about his weight and his size and his height and all those other kind of things. It's just a lot of background noise. He's going to have, he's going to land. I think he's going to be the first pick, maybe the second pick off the board.

I think he's going to have great career. So many lands someplace. It's got a decent offensive line. Absolutely. And you look at it. Those 80 touchdowns the last couple of years on Alabama and the last couple of years on Alabama. You look at it.

And you look at it. Let's talk about your risers and your followers Anthony Richardson, of course, getting all of the buzz out there. 6 4 244. Number one in height. Weight 40 yard dash 443 there. The vertical was 40 and a half inches quarterback record. There also you look at his abroad jump 10 feet nine inches.

Also, you look at CJ and also will Lev. Who are your risers and your followers? I think he's going to be the first one to land. He's going to be the first one to land. He's just next level. He's a freak athletically. I wasn't really sold on him coming out of the season coming out of Florida until I spent all day in front of the television watching this thing at 6 5 close to 240 pounds. Check that box for four speed.

I mean, are you kidding me? That's a quarterback at 65 to 40. That can outrun most defensive quarterback. Is he raw? Yeah, sure he's wrong. Is he Bryce young? No. Is he CJ Stroud? No. Is he a freak athletically? And if you want to as a GM, take a little bit of a chance because he's got a lot of upside. Yeah, he is.

So to me, his stock went up. I don't know how much it went up today, but I've never seen a performance at the quarterback position like he put on today. You look at his first three starts at Florida. Kind of like the first three. He's got a lot of touchdowns for picks his last nine starts 17 touchdowns five pigs, so he is growing as a quarterback. He's making better decisions. He's not just relying on all that speed.

All that athleticism. I just think his stock rose today because of those freakish numbers they put up on the board. I think in the right system with the right coordinator and the right level of patience, this guy is going to have a remarkable career in the quarterback position. I think he's going to have to go down a little bit out there. John and Andy. Yeah, I think I mean, it was a couple of guys that I look at this situation and I think people were looking at Max Duggan and Stetson Bennett because of both those players are kind of in that mid tier situation at the quarterback. I thought Stetson Bennett looked phenomenal special in the deep ball and I thought he outperformed by a new dual threat quarterback big mobile can do all those things.

So I'm not sure that I would categorize Max Duggan is it damaging him. But I thought in the deep balls, especially throwing the football that he was outperformed by Stetson Bennett and Jayden Brooks, the wide receiver out of South Carolina kind of rolls up today and runs a 4-7-40 and that's just not going to get it cut. It's very difficult to create space in the NFL as it is, but I think it's going to be a lot of space in the NFL. I'm not going to go up and run a 4-7-40. So I don't think that that did him any favors in terms of his 40 time today. I think Ronnie Bell from Michigan look good. Bryce Ford Wheaton, wide receiver out of West Virginia running a 4-3-8.

So there's a lot of guys who stock went up, but a couple of guys that kind of stayed neutral and maybe digressed a little bit. I don't know if you've seen that before. Yeah, and you look at Stetson Bennett, you know 5-11, so not much bigger than Bryce. He did throw the ball very accurately today and surprisingly had a very strong arm when it came to the velocity on his balls for the two-time defending national champs down there in Georgia. John Berger, CBS Sports College football analyst, man. We really appreciate it. Thank you, John.

You see Larry. Take care, man. Good stuff. Thank you. And for all of you who are watching this video, I'm Ron Wilson offering up everything you need to know about the future of your franchise. Download and subscribe with the first pick wherever you get your podcast. Do you want a sports network that delivers everything that matters about the game? The highlights, the picks, the instant analysis, no yelling, no fake debates, no politics.

Hit the subscribe button and we'll see you next time.



NFL, NFL Combine, Anthony Richardson, NFL Draft, nfl news, cj stroud, nfl mock draft 2023, 2023 nfl draft prospects, 2023 nfl mock draft, nfl draft 2023, 2023 nfl combine, nfl draft prospects 2023, anthony richardson florida, nfl draft 2023 combine, bryce young vs cj stroud, nfl draft 2023 prospects, nfl mock draft, nfl combine winners, nfl combine losers, nfl combine QBs, nfl combine wrs

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post