Tessa Thompson talks about new film, ‘Creed III’ l GMA

Tessa Thompson talks about new film, ‘Creed III’ l GMA



We are so happy to welcome back such a talented actor who we know from films like Passing, The Thor movies and of course Creed. Now Tessa Thompson is starring in Creed 3. She's here to talk all about it. Welcome back. Thank you so much for having me back. So you started in all the Creed movies, the opposite Michael B. Jordan.

Now he's the director. How did things change? You know what? They didn't change hugely actually. I didn't feel like I lost my scene partner. I think the biggest difference is I every day felt so tremendously proud of him, which is not to say I haven't in the past, but a new level of pride, I would say. Well, he was here earlier this week and he had a different take. Maybe he was joking, but he said he was giving you a hard time. Oh, was he? Did you turn it around on him too? No, no, I always give him a hard time.

That's been the consistent, you know, through line of our relationship. No, I heard he said that he gave me a hard time when I didn't know my lines, but that is patently untrue because I wrote my lines a lot of the time. Whoa! Whoa! Yeah! And in the film, you play his wife Bianca and we've seen that their relationship evolves in the films. How has your personal relationship evolved off-screen? I think it's evolved tremendously. I mean, we've been making these films for nine years. We really have grown up in a lot of ways to become adults. I mean, we think about that a lot when we see pictures of the first film where like, goodness, we're such babies.

You know, we both own companies now like Bianca. I'm producing myself. So I think we've matured a lot, but what remains between us is an incredible amount of love. It feels like getting to return to old friends, you know, playing these parts. Let's give everybody a look at the clip. Yeah. So, Ms.

Producer, when's your next show? I don't really perform like that these days. Yeah, I took a break because I was having some issues with my hearing on stage. And now I'm trying to be careful and preserve what I got left. So, I'm producing. Yeah. Not anytime soon. It's still hard to get that part up though, right? Yeah, it's not the only thing I love, but it takes work.

It's just a stellar cast, you know, all the way around. And your character's daughter, oh, she's brilliant. Yes. And she shows an interest in the movie. She shows her character boxing. So could we see her? We asked this of Michael B, too. Could we see her in the ring in a future creed? Listen, I would love to see it and not for nothing.

Mila Davis Kent, who plays the wonderful Amara, is so good at boxing. She really took to the sport as she was learning. So I think she could do it very well. And we were talking in the break and just thank you, the ASL, the signing. It wasn't overdone. It was just part of the movie. But you had to learn more than this one, right? Yeah, and it's a beautiful language.

I'm so happy to have gotten the opportunity to learn. I think we really live in a world that is very biased towards the hearing community. And I think that has a lot to do with the fact that there isn't just enough representation. And so I think to get to see a deaf character in their humanity, just who they are, I think is hugely, hugely impactful. So I'm hoping that this film continues to make people curious about the community and want to learn ASL themselves. So this movie, a little bit of a family affair for you, your brother, a production assistant. Yes.

Yes, my brother came and worked on the movie, which was so fun. We got to be roommates. We got to spend a lot of time together. And also, I have a very weird habit. So when I order food, usually it's from a production assistant. And I always want to know what everyone else ordered. So I got to, because it was my brother, I got to know everyone's breakfast order every day.

So you just buy an asset. Yeah. I can attest to the fact that Jonathan Majors ate eight hard-boiled eggs. Really? Which I only learned the other day by him that that was his second breakfast. He's working out a lot. That was his second? Yeah. It was horrifying for me because I've never had an egg.

It was like, for me. It's a good thing I don't eat eggs because it allowed him to eat so many. Well, he said he ate a lot because he had to eat. He did? Yeah, he did. Protein. Yes, exactly. But since you know everyone's breakfast order, you don't have to give us the name.

But what was the weirdest breakfast order? I mean, I think that's pretty weird. But it's your second breakfast, I think that counts. I don't know how you try to eat hard-boiled eggs with like nothing else. Like what were the first breakfast? It's also unclear to me whether he ate them out of the shell or not. So what was your breakfast order since you don't eat eggs? It really depends. It really, really depends. I mean, I love to eat.

It depends. Every day is a different adventure. But sometimes it's skewed by what other people are eating. I'm like, oh yeah, french toast. It's kind of like you're going to have something. What are you going to have? It's like if I have something that you want to have. Oh, play-in-b.

You know, that play-in-b comes in and you look over at someone else's. Thank you for coming in. Thank you so much for having me. I hope it opens in theaters on March 3rd.



Tessa, Thompson, abc, apollo, b., boxing, creed, gma, iii, jordan, michael, movies, news, p_cmsid=2494279, p_vid=news-97410918, passing, sequel, stallone, sylvester, thor, creed 3, creed III, tessa thompson, michael b. jordan, sylvester stallone, rocky balboa, creed sequel, creed movies, tessa thompson and michael b jordan, tessa thompson movies, creed 3 release date, creed 3 cast, good morning america, abc news

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post