Michael B. Jordan makes blockbuster directorial debut with 'Creed III'

Michael B. Jordan makes blockbuster directorial debut with 'Creed III'



I hope that you are just as excited as I am for this weekend's blockbuster release. That's because the world's sexiest man alive Michael B. Jordan is starring in the film we've all been waiting for Creed III and here to gush over our man crush and fill us in on the movie itself is film critic Lenita Cook. Hi Lenita, thank you so much for being here. Hey good morning Ashley but I'm gonna have to tell you out the bat I'm more of a Jonathan Majors kind of woman. I mean we're getting two for one. Two for one yes we are.

And you know before we dive into this because I know we're gonna go all in on our man crushes I want to say congratulations to you because I heard that you were honored recently tell me a little bit about the award you got. Well I just had an article written about me from one of the board members of the Critics Choice Association acknowledging my position as the only black woman in the nation contributing weekly reviews to broadcast television and so to get that acknowledgement to share my story with the community is such a gift that I'm grateful for and Sean Edwards wrote this piece and he is like popular people know I'm in New York in Chicago and and and all the places and and he's thought to stop and write something on me so I'm so grateful. I love that oh my gosh congratulations you deserve it girl I love having you on every week to fill us in on everything that's coming out. So let's get to a Creed 3. I'm hearing people say that this is one of the best uh Creed movies out of the whole series. Well Creed is just a has been a really great series it took a hold of that rocky legacy and turned it into something beautiful and we also have Michael B. Jordan in his directorial debut here and so I think it's it's a lot of fun it's very well executed and he's demonstrating his skills as a burgeoning director.

Absolutely and like we were saying at the at the top of this interview we get two for one. Jonathan Majors is doing his thing right now he's in I went to go see Black Panther and every uh everything that came on before you know showing us the previews of other movies that we're going to be out he was in every single one. Yes so we're talking Ant-Man we're talking yes yes devotion he's all over the place. Jonathan Majors is just firing it up and and I think that Michael B. Jordan was very smart to cast him in Creed 3 because he needed uh someone to play opposite him and so what we're so let me back it up and tell you what the the movie is about we're getting a move right because I'm I'm thinking muscles out the gate but we do have some narrative and some artistic prowess going on and so he's given us a classic tale of childhood friends who grow up to be enemies and so the narrative mystery is what happened between them and what he needs is somebody who can play opposite him and carry the weight particularly as he the director needs to step away and shape the the scene and so Jonathan Majors was a very smart move here. I agree and I also think that it's very interesting casting Jonathan Majors in this role because like you said he needed someone who was going to go uh opposite him but we also know how talented Jonathan Majors is and I think that's kind of a nod to Jonathan that that Michael would cast him and know that they could go toe to toe and I don't really think anyone outshines the other they they're both bringing it which just makes this movie all around so much better. They go toe to toe and let me tell you I know they they end up in the ring together and the thing about the scene it is very grand and epic and it takes the two of them the strength of who they are as actors to carry the scene because Michael B.

Jordan brings a vision he's inspired by anime and so he brings that vision to this particular scene and so it takes strong actors to carry it out but then also keep it grounded in the material that we know. Yes million percent well I cannot wait I'm thinking about going right after the show just give me a ticket sit down watch creed three. Leneita thank you so much for being here again congratulations on your article we love you so much here on the show. It is always my pleasure Ashley have a great weekend.



News

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post